"official" sinn forum

Thread: "official" sinn forum

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

"official" sinn forum

I just received an email from watchbuys announcing the official sinn forum in concert with Timezone. But I felt so at home at this one...

Moderator Emeritus

Re: "official" sinn forum

That is infact so. There will be an official Sinn forum and it will not be here. Apparently, Sinn has a close relationship with watchbuys and allowed them to freewheel at bit. My guess is that Sinn recognized that Timezone is owned by some very influential people and that might have something to do with it. Another thing that I feel is pertinent is that Sinn was probably monitoring this forum and didn't like all the watchbuys bashing going on. It probably sounded like a situation they didn't want to associate themselves with.

It's really a shame. The passion for Sinn and their offering have always been very evident here. This is the official Sinn forum as far as I and others are concerned. It is where the passionate Sinn enthusiasts go for information or just to hang around.

I think that Timezone is very restrictive and that there is more censorship going on there, especially with linking to other watch forums and stuff. I personally wouldn't have chosen that place. I would have gone where the enthusiasts go. But...who knows what goes on behind the scenes. It's all about business in the end isn't it.

I don't see anyone here leaving to go there to discuss Sinn watches. This forum is vibrant and everyone here is awesome and very respectful. It's a nice cottage atmosphere here and I think that's what's important.

Anyway, just my initial thoughts on this.

Tim

Agreed Tim. I may visit there, but will always come home to WUS/Sinn forum

This place is much more personal.

Kind of like sitting around a table with a brew in one hand just shooting the breeze B-)
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
    - Groucho Marx

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Emeritus

A forum is the animal. The backbone and heart of the animal is the members. We have made this forum what it is. Strong, healthy and vibrant. This animal is strong and healthy. It's possiblities are endless.

We have all come to know each other a little better every day. Thread by thread, post by post, we have grown closer with our passion for these lovely watches.

As we march down this lovely path, each and every one of us will help each other out. Martin and I will always be here for you guys to get rid of the logs in the path and help you through the swampy sections.

I tend to look at this forum as a cottage. A quiet peaceful place where friends can come and sit with a beverage and discuss our passion for Sinn watches and just hang out. Friendly and respectful, the members here have made this cottage the place to be.

Thanks so much for all your offerings here guys. You are the backbone and the heart of this animal. It's an honour to be your moderator.

Timezone will have their official forum but it will not be this place. I hope that Sinn recognizes this. The passion is here.

Tim
    Last edited by Timothy Patrick; July 18th, 2006 at 19:05.

Must confess that I went and had a look see after I read this thread and must say that I much prefer it here...a feeling that I "belong"..

You're right - there's just so much more passion and depth of content here.. so I ain't going nowhere.
    In the company of Sinners -
    103 Hd, 142 Ti , 142 Sch, EZM1 LE/3/4, 356, 900, U1, U1 Black, U2, 6100 Regulateur, Lufft-Mechanica.

Hi guys,
    did I miss something? Is this "inofficial sinn forum" (watchuseek) closed? Or is WB just launching the official sinn forum at timezone?
    :-S :-S :-S
    oyster
    Last edited by oyster; July 18th, 2006 at 19:57.

This forum and its' members are officially GREAT!
    I can't see any incentive in posting there, as I like it here. The one over at TZ may be a place for some new Infos from the company, but I estimate a time of around 15 minutes before the info is here, too. Unofficial means unbiased and (hopefully) uncensored, too... (nods at Tim) without fearing of falling from grace of Sinn and/or the forum owners.

Just my 0,02 €.

Bye,

Christian

Moderator Emeritus

Your right Christian. Over on timezone, you can't discuss dealers or prices. Here you can. Since this isn't going to be an official forum, there will be no censorship of things that Sinn may be or are sensitive about. As long as this forum doesn't degenerate into a bitching and whining forum where every post is negative and derogatory. I'm sure none of you would come here to see a ton of this stuff.

I believe it's good to get factual information out to the membership about prices and availability and shipping.

The one great thing about being "unofficial" is that it's not censored by Sinn. The moderator on timezone is, I'm surmising, told what course the forum should take. (this may or may not be the case, but I suspect it is as official forums are alot like that) I tend to let this forum take it's own course. If my hands were tied by Sinn, I would resign as moderator as I have a hard time telling someone they can't post something because it might not shine a favourable light on the Sinn company and it's watches.

This place will be the place to come to find out if the bezels pop off on the EZMs and if the ar coating on the Sub series watches is scratchable and the waiting time for watches from watchbuys and stuff like that. I doubt that unfavourable topics and embarrasing information would be allowed on TZ. Timezone will be a great place to go to find out about new information but we will get that anyway. TZ will be a great place to go to see pretty Sinn pictures. There's lots of those up there now.

TZ will not be a great place to go to learn about each other and get to know what life is like for our fellow friends from around the world. It will not be as intimate and the free flowing of ideas will not be evident there. There's not much off topic stuff there from what I've seen. I always felt that timezone was an anti-septic place, sort of like a hospital waiting room. Step out of line and the man is gonna take you away.

As always, there are rules to respect here but we all know that the guys here are very knowlegeable and respect them when posting. That's what makes this place so great.

I'm glad that you guys will be staying. I enjoy your company here and miss you guys when I'm away.

cheers,
    Tim
    Last edited by Timothy Patrick; July 18th, 2006 at 20:54.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by oyster
    Hi guys,
    did I miss something? Is this "inofficial sinn forum" (watchuseek) closed? Or is WB just launching the official sinn forum at timezone?
    :-S :-S :-S
    oyster

Marcus...we ain't closed!! We are here and are proud to be the unofficial Sinn forum. We will always be here and this forum will move ahead and we will continue to enjoy each other's company and enjoy discussing Sinn watches. This is the fun forum. :-D

I do wish Timezone the best of luck with their new official Sinn forum. All the best to you guys. But we're still going to be here. I guess we're the "Alternative Sinn forum"

cheers,
    Tim

Hi Tim, Martin, dear members/visitors,

I am so sorry to read this after all the work Martin and you have put into this forum and building up what seemed to have been a strong relationship with Lothar Schmidt and the Sinn company in Germany. I'm also disappointed and it almost feels to me like Sinn has abandoned us here.

However, that does NOT mean we are beaten and stop posting about our Sinn watches, now do we !?

Hmm, now that I'm typing that... not much for me to post here :-S I don't own a Sinn yet... any recommendations, anyone... ?
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information