OK I got fat and my Sinn ruber strap is too small
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: OK I got fat and my Sinn ruber strap is too small

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OK I got fat and my Sinn ruber strap is too small

I gained some weight and my rubber strap is too tight. Are there replacement rubber sides for the strap on my U1 or do I have to buy an entirely new strap?

Re: OK I got fat and my Sinn ruber strap is too small

You have to buy a new rubber strab, without the deployant. You cannot buy a single side of a strap

This might be a good time to try an Isofrane or some other aftermarket straps. For the price of the Sinn strap, you could buy a couple of different options. Let us know what you decide. Take pics!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Do you have the larger deployant? If so, don't forget the built-in extension!

Lose the weight! Tell yourself you can't wear your watch until it fits. Problem solved, health improved:)
    Hoppyjr likes this.
    Labitur occulte fallitque volatilis aetas, et nihil est annis velocius. Ovid Met. 10.519-20.

Isofrane FTW :)

Name:  047 (480x640).jpg
Views: 678
Size:  177.4 KBName:  045 (480x640).jpg
Views: 676
Size:  168.3 KBName:  063 (480x640).jpg
Views: 668
Size:  186.3 KB
    TxBassTech likes this.

Assuming you bought the watch from Watchbuys, you might want to contact them and see if they will help you out. I was a bit overly aggressive in cutting the strap for my new UX and quickly realized that I had gone a hole too far. I contacted them and they quickly sent out a new rubber half piece to me. I was very polite about it, had just bought several watches from them and, to be honest, probably caught them in a good mood. I'm sure this isn't their normal policy, but perhaps it's worth a shot. Otherwise, I'd just go Isofrane, as a few posters have mentioned.
    "The amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigour, and moral courage which it contained."
    - John Stuart Mill

reading this thread made me cut my strap a bit looser in case i fatten up.

Quote Originally Posted by lentuk View Post
    I gained some weight and my rubber strap is too tight. Are there replacement rubber sides for the strap on my U1 or do I have to buy an entirely new strap?
    Well to be honest, in keeping with the spirit of this forum, you gotta buy another watch! Hand the older one down to your children.
    Hunterfate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert777 View Post
    Assuming you bought the watch from Watchbuys, you might want to contact them and see if they will help you out. I was a bit overly aggressive in cutting the strap for my new UX and quickly realized that I had gone a hole too far. I contacted them and they quickly sent out a new rubber half piece to me. I was very polite about it, had just bought several watches from them and, to be honest, probably caught them in a good mood. I'm sure this isn't their normal policy, but perhaps it's worth a shot. Otherwise, I'd just go Isofrane, as a few posters have mentioned.
    I tried contacting Watchbuys about getting just one half of the Rubber Strap Kit, as mine is a little snug:

Hello,
    I am trying to source one side of the Rubber Bracelet Strap for my 857 UTC. I recently bought some Bracelet Links from you and understand that you needed to break up a complete Bracelet to sell me the Links, so knowing this, i'm guessing that to sell a portion of the Rubber Strap, requires breaking up a complete kit. So, with that, if someone else contacts you for only a portion, i'll gladly take the other half. I'm not concerned if its the signed or unsigned half. Thanks. Scott Bentley
    Scott,

If you purchased a preowned watch on one of the forums it seems only fair to me that the seller would be responsible for buying you a strap that would fit your wrist. Otherwise they have sold you a watch that is not suitable for your purpose.

This is fairly common and you are correct in that we sell straps with the buckle as one unit. In fact all Sinn straps do include a buckle.

If you have purchased from us before you will have WatchPoint Rewards that you may use as a discount towards this purchase. Many of our clients actually obtained straps and even bracelets at no charge using our rewards system.

If you tend to buy preowned and have never purchased new from us you might ask the seller to use his points from the purchase to buy the strap combination at a discount on behalf of you.

Having an extra buckle and one half of the strap is actually quite useful as it is likely that you will scratch the buckle over time and possibly damage another piece of the strap. This way if you ever sell the watch or trade it you would command a higher price by having a brand-new unscratched buckle and a strap that will fit the new buyer.

One other piece of advice-make certain that you know if the person from whom you purchased the watch is the original buyer. This is very important as you need to know the original purchase date of this watch. If he is the first owner ask him specifically when the watch was purchased so that you know when the first overhaul is due.

We very often see that someone will sell their watch just before the overhaul is due. This way the buyer feels they are getting a great price but do not realize that they face $400-$600 in charges to have a necessary overhaul done.

If the 2007 date that you mention below is correct this watch is way overdue for its first service. We recommend that it be sent immediately to Sinn for service in Germany (or RGM) as it is at least six or seven years old and damages to the movement could be occurring at this time because of this very late service date.

Rob
    WatchBuys

To be fair to the seller who sold me my 857 UTC, the price was dropped a tad to reflect the fact that the strap wouldn't fit most people, but not to the tune of replacing both halves and the clasp.

If anyone wants to go splits on a Strap Set, let me know....
    Last edited by armybuck041; July 30th, 2013 at 00:49.
    Easy come, easy go....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast