Opinions Sought -- 2 Sinns for 1

Thread: Opinions Sought -- 2 Sinns for 1

Opinions Sought -- 2 Sinns for 1

Posted this over on Timezone, but getting no responses -- help me out here guys.

I am considering offering up my U1 and 356 for a 756 Diapal. Not a diver, the WR on the Diapal will fit any of my needs. I have been lusting after a Diapal for some time and bought the 356 because I am too impatient to wait. My collection will still include an Oris Chronoris (not going to trade or sell this one, my 2 1/2 year old has laid claim to it already) an Oris Artelier Chronometer, a Luminox Navy Seal, 2 vintage Benrus which were my dad's and a Swatch Chrono. What do you think about me making this offer.
    Thanks Matt

Re: Opinions Sought -- 2 Sinns for 1

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew J.
    Posted this over on Timezone, but getting no responses -- help me out here guys.

I am considering offering up my U1 and 356 for a 756 Diapal. Not a diver, the WR on the Diapal will fit any of my needs. I have been lusting after a Diapal for some time and bought the 356 because I am too impatient to wait. My collection will still include an Oris Chronoris (not going to trade or sell this one, my 2 1/2 year old has laid claim to it already) an Oris Artelier Chronometer, a Luminox Navy Seal, 2 vintage Benrus which were my dad's and a Swatch Chrono. What do you think about me making this offer.
    Thanks Matt
    If the Diapal is on a strap it seems like you are giving up a little too much. I suspect the secondary market on the U1 should rise if the U1 goes up in price on Sep.1. I would look for maybe an extra $100-$200 if it's on a strap. If it's on a bracelet I think it's pretty fair. The Diapal is a nice watch.

The Diapal isn't only nice, compared to both the U1 and the 356 it is unique ... I'd be very tempted.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the Diapal...and would not trade for the 2 watches mentioned. I also have the 856, and a U2 should arrive tomorrow (tempted by Tim's glowing reviews). Hopefully this will satisfy my needs as far as Sinn goes.

I should point out that I really like the Diapal, and with the U2 coming in I have no need for the U1. Both the U1 & 356 are great watches and my perspective is only as my preference to the models in my collection. Otherwise I am in absolute agreement with Maylel's opinion.

Don

MAybe you wanna consider the option (if possible) of trading the 356 for the DIAPAL with some additional "top up" of cash and keep the U1.

The U1 is an outstanding watch with outstanding value and is likely to hold its value in time to come, so I would not trade it away so easily.

Just my opinion.

i have a soft spot for divers and would rather part with the 356 before the U1.

[Matthew], your original suggestion of trading both for the diapal would only make sense if you have a diapal owner willing to made the trade right now. otherwise, if you plan to sell both watches to raise the cash for the diapal purchase, sell the 356 first. the U1 on backorder everywhere and i agree with Kool Cat that the resale value will be very strong for some time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Cat
    MAybe you wanna consider the option (if possible) of trading the 356 for the DIAPAL with some additional "top up" of cash and keep the U1.

The U1 is an outstanding watch with outstanding value and is likely to hold its value in time to come, so I would not trade it away so easily.

Just my opinion.

The 356 was really the reason I got into Sinns so its unlikely I would part with mine...

Anyhow - in terms of value - I would have thouht the U1 plus a 356 would be worth a little more than a Diapal?
    In the company of Sinners -
    103 Hd, 142 Ti , 142 Sch, EZM1 LE/3/4, 356, 900, U1, U1 Black, U2, 6100 Regulateur, Lufft-Mechanica.

Quote Originally Posted by altreality
    The 356 was really the reason I got into Sinns so its unlikely I would part with mine...

Anyhow - in terms of value - I would have thouht the U1 plus a 356 would be worth a little more than a Diapal?
    Trades are always hard to figure out. The key is finding a person who thinks your watch has more perceived value than you do.

One trade made that stands out in my mind was a Dreadnought for a Rolex Sea Dweller. :-S I guess both owners were happy but I am still perplexed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malyel
    Trades are always hard to figure out. The key is finding a person who thinks your watch has more perceived value than you do.

One trade made that stands out in my mind was a Dreadnought for a Rolex Sea Dweller. :-S I guess both owners were happy but I am still perplexed by it.

I agree Malyel, Mr. Rolex owner forgot to ask for 1,000$.....:oops:
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Thread Information