OT: Hey Sinners, or anyone else, how have you been spending your summer?

Thread: OT: Hey Sinners, or anyone else, how have you been spending your summer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator Emeritus

Off topic OT: Hey Sinners, or anyone else, how have you been spending your summer?

Hey Sinners. So, one more month left of summer eh!! How have you been spending your summer guys? Have you been getting out 'n' about? (Canadienese eh!) Any holidays taken or planned?

Banned

Off topic Re: OT: Hey Sinners, or anyone else, how have you been spending your summer?

I've done a bit of mountain hiking. It's been awfully hot during the last few weeks, so my efforts have come to a halt. But I plan on spending some more time in the mountains when the weather is a bit cooler again.

Moderator Emeritus

Re: OT: Hey Sinners, or anyone else, how have you been spending your summer?

WOW!!

That's just beautiful and breathtaking! Can't think of any other words which cover it. Wish I was with you. Thanks for the pic Ferdinand!

Looks like there's a lot of mountain bikers here on the Sinn forum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi,

for this summer yet, I have only done "desktop diving" - good, to have 200 bar watch

In my office was for the last weeks (hole july) most 85 fahrenheit.

We want to make holiday end of next month, perhaps Turkey (the country, not the bird).

I'm a mountainbiker too, since many years, but not a hardcore man, only just for fun. Bike = Giant.

cheers
    U2inSpe

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Patrick
    Hey Sinners. So, one more month left of summer eh!! How have you been spending your summer guys? Have you been getting out 'n' about? (Canadienese eh!) Any holidays taken or planned?
    Just finished spending a week in northern Minnesota. Had my uncle's lake cabin as base camp. Loons ("divers" in British English; Gavia immer], otters, hummingbirds, Swainson's hawks, pileated woodpeckers, ospreys. Gained 8 pounds on bullheads (catfish) and wild rice alone. A stunning double rainbow across the lake one evening after a storm.

The Sinn U1 was my mainstay: impervious to fish slime, mallard droppings, sweat, skinnydipping. After a full day in sunshine, the dial was visible all night until 6:30 the next morning. May you all enjoy such a week this summer. And my thanks to Timothy for the thread.
    Last edited by redstart; July 31st, 2006 at 21:14.

Hi fellow Sinners,
    I was mainly working and trying to cope with the temperatures. Hopefully the wife and I will be able to get some days off et the end of august.

We WATCHED these guys off cape Breton Island in early July. There were 6 to 8 whales altogether and the guide estimated them at 50 to 80 feet in length. The boat was a Zodiac so we could maneuver around them for quite a while. Great country, great food, and great people.

My wife and I braved the centennial heatwave waiting for the birth of our son ... Robert Gunther joined us on 25 July, at 52cm (=20.5") and 3,450grams (=7.6 lbs.), and with ever so slightly reddish hair, and decidedly more of the stuff than his daddy. :-D

Mother and child are well, and all are happy!
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Congratulations on the baby Martin, he is beautiful! :gold

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    My wife and I braved the centennial heatwave waiting for the birth of our son ... Robert Gunther joined us on 25 July, at 52cm (=20.5") and 3,450grams (=7.6 lbs.), and with ever so slightly reddish hair, and decidedly more of the stuff than his daddy. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader

Congratulations to you and your wife Martin. The baby is beautiful!

...all I've done all summer is work and travel for business O|

The wife and I will be taking a little road trip the end of August visiting the Amish Dutch country in Pennsylvania and spending a few days at a haunted bed & breakfast and a Corvette show.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
    - Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information