Postman came today (Sinn 656)

Thread: Postman came today (Sinn 656)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Postman came today (Sinn 656)

Got this today, really cant do it justice with the photos, clasic pilots design, I love it, hope you like it.

And some wrist shots.

Also got the steel bracelet, but quite like this leather strap, so will keep it on this for the time being
    Last edited by Dave I; August 3rd, 2008 at 13:12.
    Best regards

Dave.

Re: Postman came today (Sinn 656)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave I View Post
    Got this today, really cant it do justice with the photos, clasic pilots design, I love it, hope you like it.

Also got the steel bracelet, but quit like this leather strap, so will keep it on this for the time being
    -Congratulations! Excellent choice, IMHO. I've currently got one Sinn - a 656 on bracelet, and, like you, I love it.

Ten weeks after I got it, I still catch myself looking at it several times a day - not just a glance to check the time, but _looking_ at it, just enjoying the sight. :)

My specimen was very well regulated, as I trust you will find yours to be, too. (Mine currently runs +1.5s/24h). Only (minor) grievance is that the sand-blasted finish is hard to restore if you get a scratch in it. Then again, this is not a tool watch, and during normal desk jockeying or leisure activities one is not very likely to scratch it.
    --
    -Odd Erling - Aalesund, Norway

Breitling Chrono Shark, Sinn 656, Omegas PlanetOcean 42mm (2201.50), 'Great White' (2538.20) and Speedmaster Professional (3572.50). Incoming: Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster!

Thank you, I didnt realise that it would look this good, the photos just dont capture how deep the black on the face really is, the white contrasts so well its like 3D.
    Best regards

Dave.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

what a great looking watch...congratulations and wear it well.
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Classic Watch and a nice choice. Is that a Sinn strap? Mine came with a slightly different one, but at the moment I have it with a NATO strap which is better for the work I do. Don't worry about the finish, I've really knocked mine around and it still looks great. So does the crystal which has just a few tiny scratches in the AR coating. I've dropped mine on the floor and only found the smallest mark on the watch case.
    I'm looking for a brown strap at the moment, might post a topic on it for some suggestions.

I love my 656 and I'm so glad I chose it over the Diapal, which I nearly bought!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had Rob put that strap on my Sinn...I think it is a DM Chronissimo with Sinn Tegimented Buckle and Sinn name on the flip side of the strap. I love it... a bit stiff at first, but one week later breaking in very nicely. It really makes the 656 pop!!!
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

I've just noticed that with the bracelet version, the "SUG Germany" marking would be blocked. Does it bother you guys?
    Personally, I prefer the marking to be seen.

Congrats Dave, its also one of my favorites:

KLC

Congrats! I love my 656 also. Wear it in good health.

BTW, I really think of this as a strap watch. It just does not cut it with a bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by KLC View Post
    Congrats! I love my 656 also. Wear it in good health.

BTW, I really think of this as a strap watch. It just does not cut it with a bracelet.
    I agree. The watch is fab, but the blasted bracelet looked, dare I say, cheap(ish). I've got mine on Sinn rubber with deployment. I like the flat black of the rubber matching the flat black dial.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information