Price increase
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Price increase

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned
    just got a notification about prices going up 9/1/2013.

WatchBuys Newsletter Members,

Sinn has announced a worldwide price increase on their watches effective September 1, 2013, and WatchBuys is both giving you notice and providing one last chance to purchase at the old prices.

Please take a minute to read the message below and on our web site to understand these pricing changes and how to benefit from the lower pricing.

Thank you.

WatchBuys

Sinn Price Increases

Sinn implements a price increase on September 1 of each year, so this year is no different. We do expect the increase to be more significant than in prior years on many models due to two factors - a cost increase in certain parts to Sinn at the wholesale level, and the recent adverse changes in exchange rates.

You will be able to purchase in-stock Sinn watches at the current (old) prices through the end of this month (August, 31, 2013) or until we stock out of that model.

If a watch is sold out, or you don't see that model listed on our site, you may special order the watch this month at the old price through August 19, 2013 with delivery to you in September.

For more information and detailed instructions on how to purchase Sinn watches before the increase, please click here.
    Last edited by Memphis1; August 6th, 2013 at 23:00.

Re: Price increase

The lower exchange rate of the dollar towards the Euro, is a problem for WatchBuys, not for Sinn.
    So the prices of WatchBuys will go up, due to the exchange rate. And the prices of Sinn go up due to the increase of costs.

Am curious, are the prices the same in Europe for Sinn as in USA?

Does anybody know the present price of a Sinn U1 on bracelet or rubber for example at WatchBuys?
    In Europe it is 1435 Euro;

Moderator German Watches Forum

Quote Originally Posted by scheersmarc View Post
    The lower exchange rate of the dollar towards the Euro, is a problem for WatchBuys, not for Sinn.
    So the prices of WatchBuys will go up, due to the exchange rate. And the prices of Sinn go up due to the increase of costs.

Am curious, are the prices the same in Europe for Sinn as in USA?

Does anybody know the present price of a Sinn U1 on bracelet or rubber for example at WatchBuys?
    In Europe it is 1435 Euro;
    The prices are not the same. The Sinn U1 on Bracelet you quote
    is currently $2040 in the US. However, in the US for $2420 you
    can buy the U1 fully Tegimented version. I don't know how easy
    that is to buy in the EU. Maybe you can tell us.

Thanks,
    rationaltime

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rationaltime View Post
    The prices are not the same. The Sinn U1 on Bracelet you quote
    is currently $2040 in the US. However, in the US for $2420 you
    can buy the U1 fully Tegimented version. I don't know how easy
    that is to buy in the EU. Maybe you can tell us.

Thanks,
    rationaltime
    So, that's about 110 USD more than in Europe. I presume this is without shipment cost?

Tegimented version is no problem to buy.

Hi, I have been searching across the web for old prices on Sinn watches in order to get a better expectation of the price increases. My sample size is very small, some U1's on straps bought in 2011 at $1700 (acquired by friends). This implies a compound annual price increase of roughly 4.15% per annum.

If people are willing to post the price they paid and the year in which they bought it I can assemble all the data in a google spread sheet and get a much better estimate of the price increases. If you also add the currency in which you bough it I can normalize the numbers for currency fluctuation as well.

Sorry for being a nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTickles View Post
    Hi, I have been searching across the web for old prices on Sinn watches in order to get a better expectation of the price increases. My sample size is very small, some U1's on straps bought in 2011 at $1700 (acquired by friends). This implies a compound annual price increase of roughly 4.15% per annum.

If people are willing to post the price they paid and the year in which they bought it I can assemble all the data in a google spread sheet and get a much better estimate of the price increases. If you also add the currency in which you bough it I can normalize the numbers for currency fluctuation as well.

Sorry for being a nerd.
    I like this kind of nerds

Rob at Watchbuys told me last night that they expect the increase to be ~ 10%-15%.

I'm now getting the money together to get a UX SDR before the increase on the 19th. Special orders for out of stock models will still fall under "old" pricing and delivery will be in mid to late September.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Yikes, 10 to 15% is pretty disgusting but it makes sense. The dollar has lost about 7% of its purchasing power this year and then you add on a 3-4% inflation adjustment and the range seems reasonable.

I am not happy though, I want a U2 SDR fully tigemented and couldn't gather the funds fast enough to buy. Looks like that is going to cost me. Does anyone know a Sinn dealer that ships to France?

Re France:

I'm considering a Sinn 900 Flieger S with the metal strap but I live in Belgium and there are no Sinn dealers here at all. I'd like to make it to Frankfurt to try it on before buying, but when I was in paris recently I went to Ochrono : Magasin montre à Paris, where they have a few Sinn watches (including a regular 900 Flieger on a leather strap, which made me hungry but I still want to see and try 'mine' before buying it) and he can order in anything else for you if he doesn't have it in stock. The guy was very nice and helpful - I can't remember his name and I think I've got his card somewhere but I can't find it right now. He also had a separate website for watch sales, but I think he only listed the watches he had in stock on there. Try calling, I'm sure he'll help.

These babies are getting up there... Glad I bought my UX when I did! Back when they were below 2k...
    Too many flipped...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information