Pulled the trigger today

Thread: Pulled the trigger today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pulled the trigger today

Well I finally ordered my first Sinn today. I've been looking and reading for quite a while. Couldn't decide if I wanted acrylic or saphire. I was worried about the look of of the saphire and how it would affect the black dial color. I certainly like the idea of no scratches but I noticed that a couple of people mentioned scratches and swirls to the exterior AR coating. That seemed to negate the whole reason for the saphire crystal. I ordered mine with the acrylic because it can be polished and I know the black face will look better without the bluish hue that is reflected with the coated saphire.

It should be here by Wednesday of next week. It's the Sinn 356 Flieger Acrylic on a strap. Just checked and it was infact the last one before the price increase. My order is marked complete and the item now shows out of stock. So glad I finally placed the order. I had started to order it Thursday night but was still unsure on the acrylic/saphire thing. They emailed me and said they were down to the last one so I ordered. I'm glad I did.

Re: Pulled the trigger today

congrats!!! looking forward to your thoughts and pics.
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

I have several watches with acrylic crystals and have never had a problem.

Have Poly Watch will travel...why? Because plexi is sexy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. I was all set to go with saphire untill I read of a few people having problems with the AR coating and scratches.

Now that I've got mine coming I'm almost hoping they go up a bunch at the end of the month. ha.

Can't wait to get mine.

the 356 with acrylic crystal is the way to go...

did you get it with bracelet or strap?

enjoy and post some pix!!

cheers,

Peter

I got it with strap. I'm kind of excited about that too. I have three watches with bracelets and while I like all of them, I'm looking forward to getting back into a strap. Up untill last year I always wore a strap.

If you see this thread and have pics of what you think are great straps for this watch please post them up. I'd like to get one with a deployment clasp. I think that's what you call it. I've always only had the standard buckel.

if you can find one of these older Sinn straps (made by Di-Modell) I think they fit the 356 Fliegers the best... I'm not too keen on the newer (Hirsch made, I think) Sinn straps...

cheers,

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello S. I got this Di-Modell "chronissimo" strap for my pilot type watch. I saw it on fredawatchstraps.com, on a Sinn. It's very beefy and looks old school.
    regards, Dr. Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images

The watch arrived early today. It looks great, just like I expected. It's the largest watch I have but looks and fits fine on my wrist. I viewed the instruction cd, set it and wound it. It seems to be working fine.

The strap is fine but I'm not wild about the white stitching. I've been looking at some straps here on WUS from Old Skool. He's got some great pics up and I'm sure I'll be able to find something.

Those shark skin bands like nice also. Looks like they have dark stitching, or maybe they're just dirty. haha.

I really like this watch and I'm glad I got it before the increase.

Congrats on the new purchase!!! It is a lot of watch for the money.

I switched my 356 to a light brown calf strap, looks like a classic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information