Question on the U series bracelet..

Thread: Question on the U series bracelet..

Question on the U series bracelet..

Hello there,

I own an U1 with the rubber deployant strap and intend to get the steel bracelet and need some advice here.

Does the U series bracelet comes with the special tools for the links? or is it a seperate purchase? or a allen key set can do the job?

Have yet to embark in Singapore, appreciate your advice on the price too.

thanks and have a nice day.

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on the U series bracelet..

Hi Atheleus!

I received my ss bracelet from my authorized distributor with two 1.5 mm allen wrenches. The link removal was quick and painless.

I am led to believe that the two allen wrenches are included but if they are not, just go to your local hardware store and buy two 1.5mm allen wrenches.

Not sure what your pricing would be in Singapore but it was significantly more expensive here in North America because Watchbuys the N.A. AD set their own prices.

Maybe some of you Singaporeans out there can help with the price and give more info about the inclusion of wrenches or not.

hope this helps.
    Tim

Hey Tim,

thanks alot for the information. You are the man!! always a resourceful and a helpful moderator.

That is why I am a patriot to this forum than "Other"..

the bracelet is still unavailable in Singapore, will certainly advice about the price as well as the tool once obtained.

Cheers!:thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks so much for your kind words Atheleus!

I hear the European price is between 135 and 165 Euros, depending on where you order it from, so I did a conversion into Singapore dollars for you and I have between 270 and 328 Singapore dollars. Not counting shipping and handling of course. If you get yours from an AD or other brick and mortar dealer, you can expect that the shipping and handling and customs taxing stuff will be added to this price.

Please keep us updated on the ss bracelet situation in Singapore as we have a large and healthy Singaporean membership here. Sure they will be interested. Hopefully Kool Cat and others can shed some light here too.

cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Atheleus
    the bracelet is still unavailable in Singapore, will certainly advice about the price as well as the tool once obtained.
    have you confirmed the bracelet unavailability with your local ad? if you're in no particular immediate need for one, i would suggest waiting until it becomes available since ordering it from outside singapore will probably add appreciably more to the cost.

for all my watches, i much prefer bracelets over straps. however, in the case of the sinn U bracelet, i've found that the rubber strap is superior to the bracelet in two important respects - the rubber has a very nice push button deployant clasp which the bracelet does not (why Sinn choose not to do it for the bracelet is unfathomable!) and the watch, imo wears much more comfortably with the rubber.

the only real justification for using the bracelet is: (1) if you want to dress up the watch so that you can wear it more for non-casual use and (2) you really abuse the soft strap and need something much stronger.

when i got my u2, i immediately changed to the bracelet (without wearing/sizing it with some thoughts of selling the strap to offset some of the cost), but now that i've tried the rubber, i'm very glad that i did not.

i was going to post all this under the Sinn ownershop experience later, but i thought you might find this helpful.
    Last edited by Denizen; July 26th, 2006 at 15:49.

I picked mine up for 145 euro's (roughly $183) delivered to the US. It took 20 days from payment to arrival and it was out of stock when I ordered it. I would also consider that the bracelet is rumored to be part of the Sept.1 price increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Malyel
    I picked mine up for 145 euro's (roughly $183) delivered to the US. It took 20 days from payment to arrival and it was out of stock when I ordered it. I would also consider that the bracelet is rumored to be part of the Sept.1 price increases.
    Malyel,

if it's not privileged info, can you PM or email the name of your source? i may pick up an extra strap for my U2 and if i buy the U1, an alternate (cheaper) source for the bracelet would be useful.

I would also consider that the bracelet is rumored to be part of the Sept.1 price increases.
    Informations from german forums says, the price was increased since few days or weeks (means: within july). I dont sure, if the price increase again at sept., 1st.

cheers
    U2inSpe

The best way is, to own both and change to the special outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Denizen
    Malyel,

if it's not privileged info, can you PM or email the name of your source? i may pick up an extra strap for my U2 and if i buy the U1, an alternate (cheaper) source for the bracelet would be useful.
    I would, but unfortunately my source stopped shipping to the States shortly after I received the bracelet. I suspect the Watchbuys folks caught wind and had Sinn put a stop to it. I would recommend that if you find any future dealers that will ship to the US you keep it private.

Atheleus, kindly PM me if need be. I am located in Singapore.

Thread Information