Resale value of Sinn nowadays?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Resale value of Sinn nowadays?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you see the resale value of Sinns' currently? Has it risen, stayed the same, or even decreased? We all know, that Sinn has (among the rest) risen the MSRP, but has the price increases also been transferred to the resale values, i.e. how has the markets received these price increases?
    Or in other words, the popularity of Sinn has risen significantly in the recent years, but does this reflect in the resale values?
    Last year I sold my SMPc and the resale value (for a year old watch) was just about -30% of the actual purchase price from the ad.
    The last Sinn I sold was a 8/10 condition Sinn 103 st and the resale value of this watch (with bracelet) was roughly -40% from the original price.
    This seems pretty good to me, or am I mistaken?
    Of course I understand that this depends highly on the model in question and the condition of the watch, but what are your experiences in this matter.

How do you see this matter?
    Grand Seiko SBGA229
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50
    Omega Planet Ocean 8500
    Limes Endurance 1000 GMT3

I sold my T2, bought new in mid-2017 from an AD at a small discount to RRP, for around 30% less than said RRP, one year later, ie mid-2018.
    I feel that’s fair for a relatively niche brand and a non-LE model, and never expected value to hold up or increase in the medium term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Resale value of Sinn nowadays?

That's rather good and equals my Omega example! This is good news.
    I've been watching a lot of youtube videos about Sinn watches and you must have bought your watch from Page and Cooper =)
    Grand Seiko SBGA229
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50
    Omega Planet Ocean 8500
    Limes Endurance 1000 GMT3

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Overall, Sinns have maintained their used value well IMO. Typically, 50% is a standard hit on most watches. Sinn seems to be pretty consistent with about 30% maybe, and sometimes less. Sinn does a lot of LE’s that are hit and miss value wise. I would say the general trend of the used values will rise similar to the rise in the new retail market. That said, it does seem that some Sinns are definitely increasing in value/demand. Not a bad thing.
    janiboi likes this.
    Too many flipped...

I'm waiting for the world to realize what a great brand Sinn is.... when that happens, I bet the prices will shoot up! But that could be in a 5 years, 10 years, 50 years, or never. Hope I'm still around when it happens. But hopefully I have all the Sinns I'll ever want first! :-D

Used prices seem to have been rising slightly over the last few years. Not sure about keeping pace with MSRP but certainly increasing.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

I would definitely agree that Sinn's hold their value at 30%-40%, particularly for less common models. It is interesting how many are for sale at a given time on the secondary market. I suppose their good value on the secondary market, even at higher quantities is a factor of demand and how few AD sources there are for them on the primary market.

Having just bought a U-1 T through WUS, if they are still under warranty and tegimeted, about 20% discount to MSRP seems typical in my brief observation of such things, and they go very quickly. As in hours or days. My assumption is that if the watch is particularly immune to typical wear and tear, it might hold value better. Being completely new to the whole secondary market thing, I find it fascinating. I think all you'd have to do is implement some sort of block-chain reference for a particular watch and you would basically have certified preowned...

I would say that my Sinn has not lost as much value as some other brands I’ve seen. I’d say a 30% drop seems pretty fair

I bought a pre-owned Sinn 656S from a dealer in the UK 2 months ago. It's interesting to note I had the non-DLC coated 656 version back in 2010 bought brand new.

I paid exactly near the same price for my current 656S as I did back in 2010 for the new piece. I waited 2 years for the right 656S to come up on the market.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    if it seems too good to be true...it usually is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information