"Right Time" = Right place?

Thread: "Right Time" = Right place?

"Right Time" = Right place?

The on-line time piece sellers, 'Right Time' are offering (dangling!) what appears to be a very nice Sinn EZM3 in their men's used watches catalog. This piece has been available for a good two weeks now-at a very good price-with [apparently] no takers. Seems odd. Do others 'know' something I don't either about the vendor or about the watch that is getting it shunned?

Re: "Right Time" = Right place?

Quote Originally Posted by vietvet View Post
    The on-line time piece sellers, 'Right Time' are offering (dangling!) what appears to be a very nice Sinn EZM3 in their men's used watches catalog. This piece has been available for a good two weeks now-at a very good price-with [apparently] no takers. Seems odd. Do others 'know' something I don't either about the vendor or about the watch that is getting it shunned?

The vendor is a well-known US source of used and new Tutima watches, which is the one remaining brand that still produces watches with Lemania 5100 movements.

There seems to be nothing wrong with the Sinn watch you mentioned.
    The ETA 2824 used in the watch is a reliable movement, but did not create the same stir that the recently released EZM limited edition models with Lemania 5100 did.

The price for a new EZM with ETA 2824 ex factory is about $1900; so $1395 (or a 27% discount) for a mint pre-owned one seems about right to me.

While I have never bought a watch from this vendor, I did exchange a few e-mails with them regarding Tutima watches and they appeared friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

K.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

It is not clear to me what you mean by a watch being shunned - maybe you've found a good price/value.

Being in the Denver area, there are only two retailers with whom I will do business.

Right Time is one of them. I've had a few watches repaired/COA'd there (the County Line store), made a couple of purchases, and sent a few friends there to choose a watch that's befitting.

They will stand behind their products and services. Ask all the questions to them you need in order be comfortable making a purchase, just like you would buying anything over the internet.

If you PM me, and if you want, I can go check it out in person tomorrow.

Glen
    Last edited by inlanding; June 21st, 2008 at 00:44.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Koerfgen View Post
    The vendor is a well-known US source...

There seems to be nothing wrong with the Sinn watch you mentioned.
    The ETA 2824 used in the watch is a reliable movement...

The price...seems about right to me.

While I have never...they appeared friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

K.
    Thank you for your insight and comments. All very helpful.

Lowell [T]

Quote Originally Posted by inlanding View Post
    It is not clear to me what you mean by a watch being shunned...

Being in the Denver area...

...the County Line store), made a couple of purchases, and sent a few friends there...

They will stand behind their products and services.

If you PM me, and if you want, I can go check it out in person tomorrow.

Glen
    Glen:

I appreciate your comments (and almost lament the 'candy store' proximity you enjoy to this brick-and-mortar location). An in-person endorsement such as yours carries some great weight.

I shall, however, decline your very generous offer. I am vascillating on such a purchase, and would not want someone putting aside their Saturday.

What had struck me was that this watch failed to disappear off the market the day it appeared (my perception of its' broad appeal), and led me to wonder [aloud] if some issue involving either the watch or the retailer were keeping folks wary.

Again, thanks for your comments and kind offer.

Lowell [T]

Okay, Lowell - Thank you, for the gracious deferral.

Now that you have me mildly interested, the next time I am in there, if the watch is still present, I'll give it a thorough look-see.

The owner is a superb watchmaker and shows great enthusiasm when talking about watches.

The Sinn 856 commands a fair amount of my wrist time and having second Sinn would probably mean that I'd perhaps just give up the rest of the watches in my ever-changing, diminutive collection....yeah right!

Glen

I think you are overestimating its appeal. I don't think it's such a great watch. ok case, poor bezel, crowded dial and puny hands. the worst of the old EZM series and now completely overshadowed by the much better looking U series. the only thing that is may be attractive to some is the size. smaller than U series which is too big for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve356 View Post
    I think you are overestimating its appeal. I don't think it's such a great watch...completely overshadowed by the much better looking U series.
    Man, talk about a negative perspective!

But, you know what...there was something that was keeping me shy of this watch. I saw Sinn, I saw great price, and I saw chance to own. I couldn't see past all that to the little voice that kept bugging me about it.

Thanks for your very independent viewpoint. It opened my eyes a little wider and kept me from a purchase [that] I might have regretted. :thanks

Lowell [T]

Banned

I have got both the U2 (16 months) and the EZM3 (3 weeks). They are different watches, each with negative and positive bits.
    The U2 feels like nothing else.
    The EZM3 bezel feels like just the Breitling Heritage. And the rest of them with a rotating bezel!
    I do not agree with the rest. Overcrowded dial?
    The lume is better than un the U2
    But, it is good to have different opinions!
    Last edited by Janne; June 22nd, 2008 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by vietvet View Post
    Man, talk about a negative perspective!

But, you know what...there was something that was keeping me shy of this watch. I saw Sinn, I saw great price, and I saw chance to own. I couldn't see past all that to the little voice that kept bugging me about it.

Thanks for your very independent viewpoint. It opened my eyes a little wider and kept me from a purchase [that] I might have regretted. :thanks

Lowell [T]
    No problem :) I used to have an EZM2 and thought the dial and hands on that one were much better. bigger longer thicker hands and a cleaner dial without all those unnecessary 1-12 numerals. If they just kept the EZM2 dial and hands on the EZM3 model, it would be a much better watch.
    I didn't like the big crown on the left side. I like to wear the watch a little loose sometimes and I found the crown would scratch the skin on the arm. The price is not that great either to be honest, but maybe that's just because I still remember how much they were going for a few years ago before the crazy USA AD pricing. even now, you can get a used Omega Seamaster Pro for that much money or less, a much better watch IMHO.

Thread Information