Serious U1 Quality Problem

Thread: Serious U1 Quality Problem

Serious U1 Quality Problem

The screw tube is completely detached from the case. I am not sure "screw tube" is the right term. Anyway, it is what allows you to screw in the crown. See attached image. 1st time posting image. Hope it works.

How can a watch waterproof to 1000M be so weak? Sinn has a serious QC problem. Very disappointed.

What this means for me is another 2 months without the watch while it is being serviced in Germany. The 1st time it was sent to Germany was due to watermark-like stains on the crystal. And the watch is very 6 months old. Very disappointed with Sinn quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by qwerthor; May 23rd, 2008 at 14:29.

Re: Serious U1 Quality Problem

Do you mean you can't push the crown in and then screw it tight? I assume you know what's going on but I'm not sure if anybody else will. It sounds like a bummer, and quite unusual as well.

Sorry to hear that. I assume you bought it from THG. Surprised to hear they have to sent it back to Germany for watermark on the dial. I thought they could do the servicing locally. For the crown, it looks a serious issue. If THG cannot fix it, no choice you better send it back to Germany for fixing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Fortunately I got it from THG and they will have to take care of it under warranty. Still the thought of possibly "losing" the watch for 2 months is not very appealing to me.

With the crown in the pull out position, what you should normally see is the screw thread as in any watch with a screw in crown, What you see in the photo is a smooth tube. The tube with the screw thread is inside the crown and has somehow detached itself from the watch case. It looks like the tube is a 2 piece design. There is an outer threaded tube that is somehow glued/fixed to the smooth inner that you see in the photo and the 2 somehow got separated from each other.

sounds like your crown tube has become detached from the case, kinda unusual but it can happen. It is usually screwed into the case and is secured from the interior of the case, and has gaskets inside where the crown stem passes thru.
    It should be an easy fix.
    DW

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    sounds like your crown tube has become detached from the case, kinda unusual but it can happen. It is usually screwed into the case and is secured from the interior of the case, and has gaskets inside where the crown stem passes thru.
    It should be an easy fix.
    DW

I completely agree, it happened to me once on a 2 day old Breitling Cosmonaute.

It is certainly a disappointment and I can commiserate with a member who may have to wait for weeks for a fairly simply problem to be fixed.

While the more direct distribution system that Sinn chose helps to keep prices down; the fact that it may need to be sent to Sinn in Germany illustrates one of the disadvantages of this distribution system.

I hope it won't be too long before the watch is returned.
    Sinn gives warranty work a higher priority, but depending on location the time it takes the watch to travel to and from Frankfurt may easily add two weeks to the process.

Kurt

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

Thread Information