servicing Sinn watches

Thread: servicing Sinn watches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

servicing Sinn watches

Question to Sinn Wises. How long does factory servicing of a warranteed Sinn take? Any major time differences between RGM and Germany? I've heard on another forum that servicing can take up to 6 months? Tell me it ain't true.

Re: servicing Sinn watches

depends on which sinn. is it one that can be serviced in the usa? I know rgm added some equipment to do service on some of the more difficult ones. but I think 6 months is way to long for a service.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    depends on which sinn. is it one that can be serviced in the usa? I know rgm added some equipment to do service on some of the more difficult ones. but I think 6 months is way to long for a service.
    I'm thinking U1. I'm sure warrantee repairs, regulation, service for this would be straight forward. I'm sure that RGM can do things in a timely manner. No, dehumidifying capsules or such.

How long did it take? Before buying, I'd like to know what Sinn support is like.

Anybody ever had work done on a U1?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got my 656 serviced by a normal watchmaker. I'll do the same with my U1 when it needs it (which shouldn't be for a few years yet). I think the only time you need to worry about it is if your model has the dehumidifying capsules or something, otherwise Sinn just use good quality standard ETA movements which should be serviceable by a good watchmaker.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Got mine back in about 2 months. Don't expect great communication from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    I got my 656 serviced by a normal watchmaker. I'll do the same with my U1 when it needs it (which shouldn't be for a few years yet). I think the only time you need to worry about it is if your model has the dehumidifying capsules or something, otherwise Sinn just use good quality standard ETA movements which should be serviceable by a good watchmaker.
    My U1 needs to be regulated as it is running a bit fast. RGM quoted me a price of $100 but with a 30-45 day turn around if they aren't busy. However, I have heard that RGM is always busy, so...

My question is, does Sinn use a special oil that is absolutely needed for the U1 to operate as adevertised? I know the movement is pretty straight forward, but is the lube a special, magical German elixer like BMW's M oil?

I'd rather not be without my watch for 2 months or so, plus the added expense and worry, insured or not, that my watch may end up in a Turkish bath house in Detroit...Especially if my watch guy can do it in less than half the time and I don't need to worry about it disappearing in a blue and white truck.
    Carpe Noctem

"...my watch may end up in a Turkish bath house in Detroit...."

Dang-it that's funny!!!!

Keep it coming folks, I appreciate all your experiences! I really, really, want the U1. You expertise helps me to decide.

I sent my U2 to Sinn back in late January and still don't have it back. At one point, I thought it was lost in the mail, but it eventually showed up at the factory. Communication has been pretty much non-existent. I'm working with a fine gentleman on this board as my conduit for communication, but before that, I hadn't heard a word from them despite numerous email attempts. I was told they tried to email me, but something broke down between my end and theirs. I started a somewhat lengthy thread here a while back on my whole ordeal. Sad thing is, it's not been resolved yet!

Banned

I just do not want to think about why you go to a Turkish Bathouse......
    I would not worry about the length of service. If Sinn regulates and services, I guess you get some sort of warranty?
    (At least, JLC gave me 12 months after a regular service)
    Greetings Janne

PS I just saw you live in Hawaii. It might take a little bit longer!

Quote Originally Posted by oldspice View Post
    I sent my U2 to Sinn back in late January and still don't have it back. At one point, I thought it was lost in the mail, but it eventually showed up at the factory. Communication has been pretty much non-existent. I'm working with a fine gentleman on this board as my conduit for communication, but before that, I hadn't heard a word from them despite numerous email attempts. I was told they tried to email me, but something broke down between my end and theirs. I started a somewhat lengthy thread here a while back on my whole ordeal. Sad thing is, it's not been resolved yet!
    Oh my.... That pretty much sucks. I hope it's all good in the end. I'd hate to bring this up, but I always thought that service for such specialty/high end watches would be better, like Rolex perhaps. Oh well....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast