Severly Dissapointed with Sinn in Korea.
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Severly Dissapointed with Sinn in Korea.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Severly Dissapointed with Sinn in Korea.

I waited a week to calm down before I posted this. My beloved U1 needed a service/overhaul before the summer (I won't bore you with the sentimental value of this watch) I contacted a few people to have it serviced and I decided that a factory service was the best option. Price wasn't a factor. I emailed Sinn Frankfurt and they told me to contact Sinn in Korea for the service. They have a qualified maker and they will provide all the parts, oils etc etc. I will save on shipping, duties and wait times.

I'm friends with the owner of the Sinn AD here in Korea so I thought why not go in and ask. I'll have it back sooner than if I mailed it away to Germany. I am supporting a good friend of mine etc... I went in and the staff there told me:

They cannot accept my watch for an overhaul because I did not buy it from their store. I would have to send it in to Germany.

I was flipping mad. Not only did Sinn tell me to use their Korean AD/Service center, I'm friends with the owner there...

I called my friend who quickly sorted it out and he did tell me that it is policy not to accept watches that they don't sell for servicing.

My friend said he would accept it only because we are 'familiar'

I just swallowed my tongue and left, red faced and extremely disappointed.

My Korean friends told me that 'Korean company's will not service watches they don't personally sell' which is BS because I have had both my Omega and Rolex in for service here with no problems (these were bought from the forums/online) My friend had his IWC serviced here as well...

I was asked not to make a big deal about this but I think this is a good warning to all.

So now, I am now going to avoid dealing with Sinn Korea and Seiko (openly racist service staff)

Peter
    MDKane likes this.

Re: Severly Dissapointed with Sinn in Korea.

As it's a run of the mill Selita movement, why not just have it serviced by just about any competent watchmaker?
    Alternatively I'd have contacted Sinn in Frankfurt, told my story, and see what they thought about their AD refusing their product.
    Having to be grateful for being allowed to buy a service, does not sit well with me, no matter how much the provider thinks he is entitled to behave like that.

Magura
    Petahwong likes this.

Not sure if it's of comfort but I've had it worse with another German brand here in Singapore

Bought a junghans overseas from AD. Within a month it broke down. The two local dealers in Singapore refused to take it in under warranty. Contacted junghans HQ who promised to ask their regional agent to look into it.

Nothing happened. Ended up I paid for a dealer to repair it. While it was under warranty!

And worse bit is, it came back with a scratch on the crystal. I missed it and only saw it days later. Too late.

So I guess if German brands are to rise to the level of Swiss brands they first need to sort out their ADs
    Last edited by Wahlaoeh; January 19th, 2015 at 13:23.
    shwesque likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I E-mailed Sinn.

Even if Sinn forces their AD to service my watch I will not bring it there... I'll end up with spit as a lubricant.

Wahlaoeh - I would not stand for that.

Yeah let sinn know. They need to sort out their overseas Ad

Just wondering, you've said that price isn't a factor so why not just send it to Sinn in Frankfurt? You know they will do a good job there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyDog View Post
    Just wondering, you've said that price isn't a factor so why not just send it to Sinn in Frankfurt? You know they will do a good job there.
    I will send it there. I just figured that since Sinn Frankfurt backed their AD here, I could shave off time from the service and have it back on my wrist sooner.
    Also I want others to avoid this AD if this is their policy.

This behaviour is not uncommon. For example with cameras. It is a conspiracy by ADs to discourage cheaper self-organsied imports etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDagon007 View Post
    This behaviour is not uncommon. For example with cameras. It is a conspiracy by ADs to discourage cheaper self-organsied imports etc.
    Indeed. The more isolated market AD's seem to regard their loyalty to lie with their customers, not their brand's customers.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

I understand 'why' but it is shooting yourself in the foot behavior. They do not lose any money servicing a watch that's not in for warranty repair.

I had a great long conversation with Sinn and it has been all worked out. Though I doubt they will change their policy in the future. It's more of a "Yes mom. We promise... resolution." I wish watch companies had secret shoppers to keep an eye on their AD's...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information