Should I get Sinn 856 b-uhr?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Should I get Sinn 856 b-uhr?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Should I get Sinn 856 b-uhr?

Hi Guys,

I currently own Damasko DA36 black and I am planning to sell it in order to buy Sinn 856 b-uhr, probably on bracelet. I know that those watches are very similar but there are few things I like more about Sinn: thinner case, interesting dial design, beige indices, Sinn logo, quite nice symmetry of the dial, modern but a bit more classic look than DA36. I also think that I will like tegimented steel more than damest. As Damasko is a really great watch and I haven't seen Sinn in person, I thought I will check what you think before I'll do something stupid. Maybe someone here have both?

Re: Should I get Sinn 856 b-uhr?

I have the Sinn B-Uhr on bracelet. The watch itself is fantastic but you have to really like the dial or you wonít like the watch.

The beige lume doesnít really look ďvintageĒ it looks like a light orange and the dial itself is almost a super dark gray. It feels a little cheap sometimes. I would have preferred all white on the hands/indicted and a glossy black dial. I understand thatís not the look they were going after but I canít help but feel the fake aged lume doesnít really match the case.

That being said there are definitely times when I look at it and think it looks fantastic. For me itís far more interesting than the standard 856 but sometimes I think I would prefer the UTC version.

Thanks, that is really helpful. Although now I have completly no idea what to do 😉
    Omega PO 8500 42mm
    Damasko DA36
    Halios Seaforth III
    Sinn 856 B-Uhr
    Sold:
    SKX007 with steel insert - still regret it :(

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fokstom View Post
    Thanks, that is really helpful. Although now I have completly no idea what to do 😉
    Honestly if you love the dial get it. Itís a dope watch that works well with the bracelet and looks great on tan colored straps. I also guarantee youíll never see another one in the wild so youíll definitely have a unique watch. If you do end up getting the bracelet and want the bund strap PM me, I donít use mine :)

Would you recommend going with bracelet? Is it worth extra $$ or should I just stick to leather tan straps (got plenty already)?
    Omega PO 8500 42mm
    Damasko DA36
    Halios Seaforth III
    Sinn 856 B-Uhr
    Sold:

J4G

Would you recommend going with bracelet? Is it worth extra $$ or should I just stick to leather tan straps (got plenty already)?
    Get the bracelet. Itís more expensive if you end up wanting it later. Plus if you donít like it, you can always sell it later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thereís a bracelet for sale right now for like $220. Grab that and buy it on the bund strap!

Soooo I ordered the watch on strap. I found great deal. I'll also have an option to return it, if I wont like it. Best thing is that I can compare it to my DA36 and decide what to do next:). I hope it will look like in wornandwound pictures! I'll probably order bracelet you mentioned but I'll first check out how tegimented steel looks like. Hopefully it will be still available. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Fokstom; March 6th, 2019 at 00:33.
    Omega PO 8500 42mm
    Damasko DA36
    Halios Seaforth III
    Sinn 856 B-Uhr
    Sold:

Soooo I ordered the watch on strap. I found great deal. I'll also have an option to return it, if I wont like it. Best thing is that I can compare it to my DA36 and decide what to do next:). I hope it will look like in wornandwound pictures! I'll probably order bracelet you mentioned but I'll first check out how tegimented steel looks like. Hopefully it will be still available. Thanks again!
    Awesome! I used to have the DA38 and the 856 wears much better due to being a bit slimmer and slightly shorter lugs.

Sinns do look great on straps but get it on a bracelet - you can always put it on a strap later and it's far more cost effective than doing it the other way round.
    J4G likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information