Show and Tell: Your Sinn 809
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By The Thin Man
  • 1 Post By TommyG

Thread: Show and Tell: Your Sinn 809

Show and Tell: Your Sinn 809

Hi,

I'm a big fan of the Sinn 809 and it's high on my list as one to acquire in the future (if one ever comes up in great shape).
    The Worn & Wound review is good but I'd love to see hear some more personal testimonial (pros/cons) from others out there. Feel free to also address longevity in terms of patina, both good and bad. Comfort level. Anything else as well.

Thank you!

Name:  Sinn-809-7.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  79.6 KB
    deepsea03 likes this.

Re: Show and Tell: Your Sinn 809

Nobody?

Not an easy one to find. I recently sold mine and am somewhat regretting it. I had found/bought it back in 2009. Mine had some battle scars and the bezel was faded, but the dial and crystal were perfect. No service that I could ever determine, but it kept amazing time. The lume faded over time, but the hands still were readable in the dark. The markers took on a real nice patina over time, too. It was a really great looking and running vintage piece. Sinn aficionados who are looking for them all want one in perfect shape, with bracelet. I actually think they look better on a vintage style strap. Here's a photo of mine on vintage leather:
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Thin Man likes this.
    Panerai Luminor 1950 GMT PAM535, Sinn 856 UTC, Sinn 156-B Military, Stowa Marine Original, MKII LRRP GMT Custom, Glycine Airman 18 GMT, Glycine Airman 1953 LE, Porsche Design Dashboard Chrono

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for your thoughts, TommyG. That's a great look into owning an 809.

With the indices painted on the crystal itself, I'd heard they can chip off or simply not age gracefully but yours looks fantastic.

I would also agree with you that a leather strap gives it a very handsome and stately appearance.

Sounds like I'm not the only one looking for an 809 but I have patience. Hopefully it will pay off!

There are lots of people looking for an 809. People often ask me to let them know if I sell mine - I always end up telling them that I won't sell and that the 'list' is now at least 20 people long.

Anyway, the W&W article pretty much sums up my thoughts. Years ago I also wrote this when I first got it: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/si...t-2228561.html
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bradjhomes View Post
    There are lots of people looking for an 809. People often ask me to let them know if I sell mine - I always end up telling them that I won't sell and that the 'list' is now at least 20 people long.

Anyway, the W&W article pretty much sums up my thoughts. Years ago I also wrote this when I first got it: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/si...t-2228561.html
    Really great write-up, Bradjhomes. You mentioned some elements in there that weren't necessarily explored, or detailed, in the W&W review I posted above.
    So, if you sell yours, can I be number 21 on your list ;)

Quote Originally Posted by The Thin Man View Post
    Really great write-up, Bradjhomes. You mentioned some elements in there that weren't necessarily explored, or detailed, in the W&W review I posted above.
    So, if you sell yours, can I be number 21 on your list ;)
    I haven’t actually looked back over the thread here. When I wrote it up for W&W I specifically wanted to avoid rehashing what I had already written a couple of years back. It’s also the difference between a day or two with the watch and looking at it after a much longer period of ownership.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bradjhomes View Post

If you ever sell that watch then you're mad!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thread Information