Side photo needed about the Sinn 103 St plexy with upgraded highly domed saphire crystal:

Thread: Side photo needed about the Sinn 103 St plexy with upgraded highly domed saphire crystal:

Side photo needed about the Sinn 103 St plexy with upgraded highly domed saphire crystal:

Hi everyone out there,

I'd be very, very happy if someone having a Sinn 103 St (originally plexy crystal, alloy bezel, non-screwdown pushers) upgraded by a highly domed saphire would post a photo from just about the same angle like at the top of this page:

Portal Satova - Forum - Pogledaj temu - Sinn

(Mod plz delete my post if this link is not allowed!)

I'd badly need the scan to see how steep the side of the highly domed saphire crystal is - related to that of the plexy. A totally "side" photo would also be great, exactly from the level of the alloy bezel.

Thank you very much for every kind input!

Best regards,
    Robert

Re: Side photo needed about the Sinn 103 St plexy with upgraded highly domed saphire crystal:

I don't understand. Has Sinn upgraded the 103 with a domed sapphire crystal ?

Moderator German Watches Forum

Re: Side photo needed about the Sinn 103 St plexy with upgraded highly domed saphire crystal:

Robert,

I don't know about "upgraded". Here are images of the 103 St Sa and 358 Sa
    from the Sinn web site. We can see two different profiles of the sapphire crystals.

Name:  Sinn_103StSa_and_358Sa.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  64.2 KB

Here is the 103 St image from the Sinn web site.
    "Model 103 St, which is equipped with a shock-resistance acrylic glass,
    is also available for an extra charge with a high-domed, scratch-resistance
    sapphire crystal glass with anti-reflective coating on both sides."

Name:  103-St_R.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  45.1 KB
    We may get some real photos, but to confirm I would ask Sinn
    directly is the sapphire crystal like 103 St Sa or like 358 Sa?

Thanks,
    rationaltime
    Last edited by rationaltime; June 7th, 2015 at 08:38.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There is no Sinn sapphire crystal that has the "superdome" appearance of the acrylic crystal. And, the two crystals are not interchangeable with other, nor are the bezels. Even the older style SA crystal has that slightly flat profile. And may be interchangeable with the newer 103st

With regard to the different pics, I think the profile of 358 SA is the same. It just appears different due to the different bezel. The 103st bezel has a pretty decent angle to it making the crystal appear more flat.
    Too many flipped...

Thx for the replies! I'm afraid I could not make myself understood well enough:
    The model I'm talking about is the 3rd one in Rationaltime's post. That watch (103 St) comes originally with plexy but can be ordered for an extra cost with "highly domed saphire crystal" - or can be upgraded later. My request about seeing a side photo is about this watch with the upgrade saphire crystal. Reason for this: I have the 103 St with the plexy glass and have a friction-control count-up (!) bezel that is originally for the 103 St Sa. Other forum mates have put a similar (though countdown) bezel on the 103 plexy wich looks fantastic but the gap between the side of the plexy and the inner edge of the bezel disturbs me a lot. I wonder how the same bezel (regardless of course if it is count-up or count-down) would look on the same watch but having a saphire crystal - maybe sides are even more perpendicular and thus the gap should arrive thinner or even unvisible - that's why I'm after this scan. Theoretically the highly domed saphire can be used for the plexy-glassed 356 and comes on some other 356 too but the different bezel alters a bit the side view - at least subjectively. So all in all: still wanted a side photo about a 103 St (originally plexy) upgraded to highly-domed saphire glass :) thanks for reading all these... :)

I'm pretty certain that the sapphire profile would be the same. I've never heard of, or seen a "highly domed" sapphire similar to the acrylic in profile??

Also, I have a 103st with the Sa bezel and the gap is not any bigger than the original bezel. It seems like it is due to angles and reflections, but the gap is no bigger.
    Too many flipped...

Quote Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
    It just appears different due to the different bezel.
    That was my first guess after examining the photos closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
    I've never heard of, or seen a "highly domed" sapphire similar to the acrylic in profile??.
    Steinhart O1V has it, but no Sinn.

Thread Information