Sinn 103 Acrylic height variations?

Thread: Sinn 103 Acrylic height variations?

Sinn 103 Acrylic height variations?

Hello, I am on the hunt for a 103 and looking for some clarification: Are there different height acrylic crystals? Maybe it's my eyes or camera angle, but some appear higher than others??

Re: Sinn 103 Acrylic height variations?

I can't say for sure (just glad to have finally got my 103) but I can't see it happening as Sinn would have a set of specs for the 103 acrylic crystals that were made when they first designed the watch and any changes would have come about if the specs were altered on later models. The edge of the 103 crystal is a shiny little blighter so maybe it was playing tricks on the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    I can't say for sure (just glad to have finally got my 103) but I can't see it happening as Sinn would have a set of specs for the 103 acrylic crystals that were made when they first designed the watch and any changes would have come about if the specs were altered on later models. The edge of the 103 crystal is a shiny little blighter so maybe it was playing tricks on the camera.
    Thanks for the feedback - that's what I was hoping

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I also can't say for certain but I've never heard any mention of different crystal heights... agree that most likely it's the angle of the camera/photo.

One thing though... and I'm sure you probably are aware of this already, but just in case you aren't, the acrylic is much higher on the 103 than the sapphire crystals on the 103. So for any newbies reading this thread, you should take note of whether you are looking at an acrylic or sapphire version of the 103 when trying to judge the shape/height of the crystal. Note that the sapphire version has screw down pushers and the acrylic does not.

Quote Originally Posted by egwatchfan View Post
    I also can't say for certain but I've never heard any mention of different crystal heights... agree that most likely it's the angle of the camera/photo.

One thing though... and I'm sure you probably are aware of this already, but just in case you aren't, the acrylic is much higher on the 103 than the sapphire crystals on the 103. So for any newbies reading this thread, you should take note of whether you are looking at an acrylic or sapphire version of the 103 when trying to judge the shape/height of the crystal. Note that the sapphire version has screw down pushers and the acrylic does not.
    Thanks for the clarification. I’m sold on the acrylic version (althought the prominence of the crystal had to grow on me). But overall the aesthetics (specifically the all black count-up bezel) are just more appealing. Now the seach begins

Thread Information