Sinn 103 St Sa BE Limited Edition on Strap
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Sinn 103 St Sa BE Limited Edition on Strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn 103 St Sa BE Limited Edition on Strap

Anyone see this in the metal yet? I ordered it on the first day possible.

Re: Sinn 103 St Sa BE Limited Edition on Strap

Alas, I didn't get on the party train with this one until May. Going to be a long time waiting.....

Just how slow is Sinn in providing this product? From what I understand, Sinn's Basel versions take a long time to get to the States. But this seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time. Other Baselworld releases are already out.

And, yes, I have one on preorder.
    Seeking watch nirvana

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

4-6 months most likely...
    Too many flipped...

I inquired of the status of my order of the Sinn 103 St Sa BE from Rob at Watchbuys the other day. He replied to me with a canned response that orders would be given out in the FIFO order, and refused to give me an estimate as to when mine would be provided. He directed me to the preorders page where he said further information would be provided if anything changes.

Needless to say, I was not pleased, both with the information and with his attitude.

However, to be fair, judging from the canned response, he must have had a lot of inquiries on this subject.

Either Sinn has a backlog of orders for this version or the factory's way behind. Either way, it looks like it's going to be Christmas for me.
    Seeking watch nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by Tanjecterly View Post
    I inquired of the status of my order of the Sinn 103 St Sa BE from Rob at Watchbuys the other day. He replied to me with a canned response that orders would be given out in the FIFO order, and refused to give me an estimate as to when mine would be provided. He directed me to the preorders page where he said further information would be provided if anything changes.

Needless to say, I was not pleased, both with the information and with his attitude.

However, to be fair, judging from the canned response, he must have had a lot of inquiries on this subject.

Either Sinn has a backlog of orders for this version or the factory's way behind. Either way, it looks like it's going to be Christmas for me.
    Would it have been better if he made up a date just to placate you? There is something to be said for being honest, even if the answer isn’t what the customer wants to hear.
    From last experience, these delays are usually caused by certain parts (dials are the biggest culprit) being unavailable due to a backlog at the supplier.

Yeah, Rob said what he said because he has absolutely no idea when they would ship, or when they would have them in hand. And even when they do come in they come in in waves, might be one or two, might be 20, just depends on when Sinn, and in what order they get out. Watchbuys is not the only dealer on the planet... When I ordered my 103 blue a few years ago, it was dials (as mentioned) that were the delay. I think it was about 6 months by the time I got mine.
    Too many flipped...

A little surprised none have been shipped yet, but I guess I'm not that familiar with pre-ordering a brand new Basel release from Sinn.

I did see it in the metal a couple of months ago at an event Sinn were participating in and I was very impressed. The blue does shine as bright as photos suggest, but only in some lights. At other times it's a lot more subdued, which is good. The ivory isn't too saturated, which is again good. I really liked it. Not enough to buy one, but I still really liked it.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

I realize that this is an old thread but thought I would update. I received mine a few weeks ago and have been very pleased with it. Awesome watch in the metal. Had wanted to also get the H-link bracelet for it but Sinn appears to be having trouble keeping up with the demand. All in all, I'm quite satisfied with the purchase.

Name:  DSCF1113_Luminar2018-edit-Edit.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  1.02 MB

You've got a beauty there Robodocx. Kinda regret not jumping on this one in the summer...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information