Sinn 104 accuracy

Thread: Sinn 104 accuracy

Sinn 104 accuracy

Guys I am new to mechanical watches and bought a Sinn 104 about 2 months back. Recently I thought to check the accuracy of the watch and I am seeing it around +10 sec/day. This is about the same as my Seiko skx009 and Glycine Combat Sub which are much cheaper watches. Is this normal? Should I give it for service. It is a brand new watch.

Re: Sinn 104 accuracy

The watch doesn’t make it more or less accurate. The movement does. Most ETA or Selitta movements have a tolerance of about 10 sec/day so yours is fine
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

wait another 2-3 weeks.
    Than,in most cases,it will run 6-8 seconds per day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is not unusual for a movement to break in / settle after a while of wearing it. I've had a few that varied in timing for a while before getting more consistent. If you like, a watchmaker can measure/adjust the movement to be as close as possible in multiple positions.

I've gotten my 142 to +5 and my 144 to +2.5 with this method (doing it myself).

YMMV as every movement is a little different.

Just wanted to post an update. I read on one of the other threads to keep the watch fully wound to improve accuracy. I fully wound the watch and I can't believe that it is running at +0 sec/day for the last 2 days.

A+U

Quote Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
    Just wanted to post an update. I read on one of the other threads to keep the watch fully wound to improve accuracy. I fully wound the watch and I can't believe that it is running at +0 sec/day for the last 2 days.
    That's great to hear.

Although AFAIK, there should not be too much variance in accuracy in relation to its wound state. I could be wrong though.

For my 104, it has averaged +3/day for the first 6 months of ownership. Then it took a trip to frankfurt for some warranty work. Since I got it back, it has been running +1-1.5/day for the last 6 months. Very happy with it in this regard.

I have a Sinn 103 that right out of the box ran +4 sec a day for years. It will be interesting to see what RGM does with it after the overhaul. I also have a Armida A1 dive watch with an ETA movement and it runs +1/day on my timing machine, so they can be regulated to run very accurate.

My Armida now runs after a few months dead on. I don't agree with the above statements of what's accepted. Sinn should be regulating their watches better if a micro brew company can regulate a 2824 to 0.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My 104 has been an excellent timekeeper. I haven't timed it, because I don't worry about accuracy to that degree, but it's not more than a few seconds fast a day.
    Casio / C.Ward / Grand Seiko / Hamilton / Junghans / Laco / Nomos / Omega / Panerai / Rolex / Sinn / Timex / Tudor

Thatís fantastic @mumbojumbo, and I can follow up with the fact mine loses a second or so a day and, when faced dial down, it gains back a second or two overnight so Iím a very happy bunny. Canít comment on wind state though beyond guessing mine is quite well wound at most times given my activity level. Enjoy.
    Cheers, F
    Last edited by fsohail; May 14th, 2019 at 18:42. Reason: To reference OP mainly

Thread Information