Sinn 104 Bezel Misalignment?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sinn 104 Bezel Misalignment?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn 104 Bezel Misalignment?

Hi,

Recently bought a Sinn U1, which I think is a truly awesome watch, so I guess you could call me a Sinn fan... :- )

Yesterday, received my new Sinn 104, but it seemed to me immediately that the bezel is misaligned to the right. :- (

Here's my post to the public forum (with the pictures etc.):

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/bez...n-4750963.html

Have had some good general responses over the past few hours, but was wondering if any other Sinn 104 owners or other people familiar with Sinn could share their thoughts.

Thanks!

P.S. I have just looked through a bunch of Sinn 104 pictures off the net, and some of them seem to have a similar issue. I know the angle of viewing makes a big difference, particularly with the fine indices of the 104, but it does look to me that this isn't just angles / optics in my watch and in some of the pics...

A+U

Re: Sinn 104 Bezel Misalignment?

It does look slightly off. If it bothers you, get it returned for adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look to exchange for another immediately. A watch is a long term investment, and that misalignment will most likely bother you for the entirety of your ownership experience. Not worth it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm starting to learn that Sinn watches are probably not the right choice for people who are bothered by things being wonky or misaligned.

Check out the alignment of the lumed triangle on the bezel of the Sinn 103 Sa BE shown at Baselworld, screenshot taken from a video on youtube. And that's an example of the watch that they're showcasing. There's also a bit of the next day of the week showing, for those of you with sharp eyes.

Name:  Sinn 103 Sa BE alignment.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  83.2 KB

I have had a Sinn 104 which had a very obvious misalignment of the dial and bezel then after digging and going through many pictures of Sinn 104, I realised this is an apparent problem of the model. I sold it on because it bugged me so much and it's such a shame...

I just want to say that I FIXED my Sinn 104 bezel alignment issue by myself.
    So basically, my story is I got my Sinn on Monday and after confirming that THU and TUE are off-center on the day wheel, I embraced my inner OCD to see if there was any other imperfection. I noticed that the bezel was tilting slightly to the right. It wasn't horrible, but anyone who was told to look at the bezel alignment for about 5 seconds would be able to say that it was tilting slightly to the right. My inner OCD now always noticed it when I looked at the face.

So this is what I did:

1) I took the little Sinn screwdriver supplied in the watch box and I loosened all the little screws around the bezel (but not totally so that they fell out of the bezel). There are screws at 12, 10, 2 and 6 o'clock.

2) I gently took off the bezel. Inside there are three sets of holes and there are three holes in each set. The hole sets are roughly around 1-2 o'clock, 8-9 o'clock and 4-5 o'clock. Inside the middle hole of each set was a little ball bearing sitting on top of a little spring that was nestled inside the hole.

3) The danger here is that the ball pops out of the hole from the tension of the spring underneath it and bounces away on the floor, so make sure you do this in a contained area without surrounding clutter.

4) I turned the watch over and gently tapped it on my palm and the three springs and ball bearings came out. I put them aside and tried placing the springs and ball bearings in the other holes of their set and then screwing the captive bezel back on.

5) First I did the leftmost hole of each set and it was almost the same as before. Then I did the rightmost hole of each set and SUCCESS! The bezel pip now aligns to the 12 o'clock! My inner OCD stared at the bezel long and hard for many minutes, went away then came back and stared long and hard for many more minutes and at different angles and I'm glad to say that my inner OCD is satisfied.

I can only conclude that the drilled holes that hold the spring and ball bearing are not 100% exact and that changing which hole the spring and ball-bearing are housed in gives you that extra half millimeter of play. I used the same holes in each set but I can also see somebody using the middle hole of one set, the rightmost of another and the leftmost of another to get the desired alignment - it's a case of trial and error.
    Stupidly, I didn't take a photo with the bezel off to show you guys. One concern I have is wearing out the heads of those tiny screws so obviously, you want to be gentle when loosening and tightening them and I have no desire to open it back up again.
    Last edited by Earthjade; December 21st, 2018 at 04:54.
    Radharc, wkw, lvt and 1 others like this.

Wow, very impressed, I haven't heard of anybody doing it themselves, well done! Now post a picture of the OCD approved alignment lol

Quote Originally Posted by djdust12 View Post
    Wow, very impressed, I haven't heard of anybody doing it themselves, well done! Now post a picture of the OCD approved alignment lol
    I did in another related topic:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/bez...l#post47731095

lvt

Glad to hear that the issue could actually be fixed by the user.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

The bezel didn’t look off to me, but glad you fixed whatever was bothering you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information