Sinn 104 day date didn't change over completely
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RotorBoater

Thread: Sinn 104 day date didn't change over completely

At 0520 this morning, when going to put on my brand new week old Sinn 104 St Sa (arabic numerals), I saw that the day and date had only rolled over about halfway. I unscrewed the crown to position two and turned it, and right away the day/date rolled over properly. I have never set the day/date while the watch is in the "danger zone," I always set the hour hand to around 6 before setting the day/date. I'm guessing that since the watch is new it needs to get broken in? At least I am hoping that's what it is!

I do give the watch about 10 winds before going to bed to top it off, and then 10 more in the morning. Is that over kill? I sit at a desk all day, so not a whole lot of winding is taking place...

Thanks.

This has happened to one of my Hamilton’s before and it never happened again after the first time.

If I were you, I’d set the date to 11:59pm before the dates switch to see if they change properly. Do that a few times and if you don’t see any issues it’s probably fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    74notserpp likes this.

Re: Sinn 104 day date didn't change over completely

The date on my Sinn 356 will sometimes fail to roll over all the way. It only happens once or twice a month and on random days without impacting the day rollover. I just let it sit like that until midnight when the roll over to the next date happens flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Sinn 104 day date didn't change over completely

Well, it's been just about two months since I got the watch and now the day/date error on rollover occurs almost 100% of the time on Monday to Tuesday, and Tuesday to Wednesday. The day/date will completely rollover around 0640 on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.

I wonder why it's just those two days of the week where the rollover is slow to complete?

Sinn day/date won't rollover on certain days of the week.

I posted this question on the Sinn watches forum, but didn't get much of a response, so trying here.

It's been about two months since I got a new Sinn 104.

Just about every week,
    when the day/date should be rolling over at midnight from Monday to Tuesday, and Tuesday to Wednesday, I get up at 0515 to find that it has only partially rolled over, like it's hung in limbo. The window shows half the new day and half the new date. Then, around 0640 on those Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, the day/date will have finally rolled over. This happens on other days here and there but 95% of the time on the aforementioned days of the week. Also, it occurs when either the German or English day of the week is selected.

I have never quick set the day/date between 2100 and 0300. I always do it at 0600 to be safe.

When this first occurred I manually advanced the day/date through an entire month (I got blisters on my fingers!), and also quick set the day through a whole week and the date through 31 days. I was hoping this would "smooth things out."

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Other than that, the watch keeps wonderful time. I guess if I never had to get up at 0'-dark-30 to go to work I would have been none the wiser... The watch is under warranty and if it doesn't rectify itself in the near future it's off to Sinn in Germany.

Thanks for any help.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Sinn day/date won't rollover on certain days of the week.

Sent it back to Sinn. They will happy to ckeck what‘s wrong with your 104.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

So, my Sinn 104 has self-healed itself. For the past three weeks the day/date has flipped over normally at midnight. No more partial flip overs.

I guess it just had to get broken in, which took a few months.

Thread Information