Sinn 104 - is the H Link Bracelet worth it?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sinn 104 - is the H Link Bracelet worth it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

So I've been the proud owner of a Sinn 104 white for a while now, and love everything about it. At the time I never thought I'd wear the bracelet, so opted for the leather strap version instead. Currently wearing on a leather Colareb which looks great, and last summer I rotated between silicone and nato.

My question is do you think the roughly $300 H Link bracelet is worth it (from WatchBuys)? I know it's a subjective question, but just curious what the consensus here might be. Trying to determine if I'm better off spending that money or just putting it into the watch fund. None of my watches have a bracelet so I'm worried I may not like it. Also, my wrist always seems to be in between sizes so a little concerned I wouldn't get a good fit.

BTW I've been mostly a lurker on here for a while but this is my first official post :)
    harry_flashman likes this.

103 and 104 shares the same H link bracelet IIRC. Iíve got a 103 acrylic and I also bought the watch with a leather strap instead of the bracelet. It turned out to be one of my biggest regrets which I later remedied by getting it separately. But Iím normally a bracelet guy anyway.

Speaking of this bracelet, Iíd say the price is worth the money even if you have to pay for it as a seperate item. The construction and finishing of the links is extremely sturdy and the Allen Key screws are pretty unique. The only downside I can tell you is that there are only 3 micro adjustment slots on the clasp and there are polished parts all over this bracelet which makes it a bit obvious with scratches. I mean depends on how you see scratches on watch bracelets, it might be something that adds a bit of character and charm on the watch itself (Iím one of those people that proudly wear their watches without worrying about scratches).

I guess if you live somewhere tropical or sub tropical, bracelet or a good rubber strap is definitely the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkName:  IMG_5341.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  340.5 KB
    Dennis Parris and lensgarden like this.

Re: Sinn 104 - is the H Link Bracelet worth it?

I personally think that the H-link bracelet isn't worth the money. The clasp is pretty rubbish, considering the cost. Try and get one used for cheap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really like my 104 on the H-Link bracelet, but I bought mine that way. I don't know that I would purchase the bracelet if I bought the watch on a strap. But I would play around with Nato's and other straps.
    Why is it I always get my best ideas while shaving?
    - Albert Einstein

Current Rotation - Breiting Avenger II Seawolf, Omega Seamaster 2255.80 Electric Blue, Sinn 104 St Sa I W (white), Tag Foruma 1 Calibre 5, Tissot TXL tank, Luminox Series 3900 Navy Seal (yellow)

A

Always buy the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    Always buy the bracelet.
    This ^

If you already have one and don't have the bracelet... it becomes more of a toss up.

Just buy another 104 with the H Link Bracelet. I have a black dial H Link, I could see myself getting a white dial. Would get the H Link again.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSage View Post
    103 and 104 shares the same H link bracelet IIRC. Iíve got a 103 acrylic and I also bought the watch with a leather strap instead of the bracelet. It turned out to be one of my biggest regrets which I later remedied by getting it separately. But Iím normally a bracelet guy anyway.

Speaking of this bracelet, Iíd say the price is worth the money even if you have to pay for it as a seperate item. The construction and finishing of the links is extremely sturdy and the Allen Key screws are pretty unique. The only downside I can tell you is that there are only 3 micro adjustment slots on the clasp and there are polished parts all over this bracelet which makes it a bit obvious with scratches. I mean depends on how you see scratches on watch bracelets, it might be something that adds a bit of character and charm on the watch itself (Iím one of those people that proudly wear their watches without worrying about scratches).

I guess if you live somewhere tropical or sub tropical, bracelet or a good rubber strap is definitely the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkName:  IMG_5341.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  340.5 KB
    Appreciate the insight! I'm like you in that I definitely don't baby my watches. I live in Minnesota, so pretty much the opposite of tropical!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis K View Post
    I personally think that the H-link bracelet isn't worth the money. The clasp is pretty rubbish, considering the cost. Try and get one used for cheap.
    I've looked for used ones on here, eBay and Reddit. No luck and usually end up getting listings for the watch on bracelet :/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Of the bracelet options, the H-link is the better choice IMHO. It's not overly dressy even with the polished links. As someone mentioned previously, yes, the clasp isn't the greatest. However, it's really not something that I really ever think about. Especially when it looks so...darn...good! The watch is a strap monster. I love this any type of NATO. Yet still I keep it on it's bracelet more than anything. My vote is, get the bracelet!
    Name:  IMG_20180928_232806_090_1546316471576.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  72.6 KB

The Sinn bracelets are very nice and I would guess that if you're not a bracelet guy already you will be by the time you've worn your 104 on one for a bit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information