The Sinn 104 hurts my wrist bone...any help?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Sinn 104 hurts my wrist bone...any help?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi all I love my 104 but am finding that for some reason it makes my wrist sore towards the wrist bone. I've been wearing it - and other watches for comparison - long enough to be able to discern there is something going on with the 104 where my wrist gets sore from wearing it. I've tried different straps, bracelets (e.g. mesh) etc. but it still winds up causing some soreness.

I'm wondering whether there is something unique about the 104, for example how its sits on the wrist, that might be causing this for me? Has anyone had this experience with other watches, i.e. where some watches are fine but others cause weird soreness for some reason?

Many thanks for your insights and any solutions you might have. I'd hate to part with this watch as it really is great. And it is currently stopping me from getting a Speedmaster because it fills that white/black dial watch in my collection (even if it has different functions).

Re: The Sinn 104 hurts my wrist bone...any help?

It's not a particularly heavy watch. Perhaps try it without bracelet, i.e. Eulit perlon or Erika's straps? Or a NATO.

Also, try making sure that you're not wearing it too tight.
    Last edited by Tanjecterly; September 2nd, 2018 at 18:16.
    Seeking watch nirvana

COZ

I don't have experience with the 104 but have had similar soreness issues with the Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon cases. The lugs were too sharp and dug into my wrist causing severe redness/soreness. Fortunately the AD was kind enough to let me trade it in for another model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Well, I have something to say about this and so far it has been a Sinn issue for me. I bought a grail worthy ezm13 and it has the sharpest dang lugs. I bet I could cut a rope with the underside of the lug. Maybe that is an extra bonus for downed pilots! Ha ha

I believe the ezm13 lug shape is similar enough for me to comment. I immediately experienced the same rubbing on my boney wrist. I wear the watch above the wrist. People wearing it in the wrist bone or below might not experience the rub.

The solution for me was to use a bell and Ross style textile strap made by bandrbands.com. It was $40 but wait for a sale.

The genius of this strap is that the lugs rest on a small flap of material isolating the sharp lug edges from your wrist bone.

The strap is super comfy and matches the military vibe of the watch. It comes in orange, black, tan and olive green with a choice of steel or pvd buckle.

If you do not like the look, you can try to adjust the way you wear the watch. As a last resort, you could take an Emory board (aka sandpaper on a stick) and slightly round the lug edge from the bottom only. This is not recommended if you ever plan to sell it, and yes it is a bit blasphemous to suggest it. Please don’t pelt me with rotting vegetables and dung! Ha ha

If all else fails, sell it and get a different watch that does not rub. Not all watches work for all wrists.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tanjecterly likes this.
    Time is the most valuable commodity in the world...

Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

You can also try a leather bund style strap, but those can wear large.

Time is the most valuable commodity in the world...

I have the similarly styled 103 St plexy and this watch is one of the most comfy wears that I have ever had. (On latest 3-row bracelet, worn not really tight.)

Thanks for the responses! Here is how much I like the watch and have been trying to keep it - so far I have tried the original leather strap (which I don't love because I'm not a brown guy but it is objectively beautiful), the Sinn fine link bracelet, the Sinn leather strap black with white stitch, a couple of rios straps, a staib mesh strap, a bonetto cinturini and a bunch of natos.

For some reason the wrist hurts on all of these basically, more with some than others. Masqueman your recommendation is genius though. I might give it a try as a last attempt!

If I can't make it work I guess I'll just have to move on to something more comfortable for me. And want to stress for me because I don't want to imply this watch is not incredible or uncomfortable generally. Guess it is just something about the Sinn and my wrist uniquely mixing. Bummer!
    masqueman likes this.

I’m not sure what to call these Sinn rubber straps that fit snug in the lugs, but it looks like they might give your wrist some relief. It may not be the look you want though.

Pics nicked.

I actually almost bought that strap but stopped myself because I read it collects a lot of lint etc. I guess due to the silicone or whatever material it is. But now that you point out that lug relief on the bottom maybe I can become a bit more lint-accepting! I do like the rubber look. That's two great options now for me, thanks!

I just read this and would also suggest Erica’s Originals straps.

I have a Rolex DSSD. The issue can be that, with a strap with any play in it, the whole heavy watch head slumps towards the back (bottom? the side by the pinky) of my wrist. What this amounts to is that the one bony portion of my wrist bone supports the whole weight of the watch.

Unfortunately, while this might be solved by keeping the watch strap tight around my wrist, I also find that pretty uncomfortable; especially when the heat causes my wrist to swell.

Enter Erika’s straps. I was fairly dubious that her elastic would be able to take the Deep Sea, but I was entirely wrong. The elastic is stiff enough to hold the weight. The design of the strap means you slide it to fit...no holes to fit between. And the elastic means you can wear it comfortably close and yet it will give as you change environments.

Easily the most comfortable strap I own.

If you feel that your discomfort is caused by the Sinn sitting catywhampus on your wrist, you might give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tanjecterly and RJS296 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information