Sinn 104 St Sa
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sarbmaster

Thread: Sinn 104 St Sa

Sinn 104 St Sa

Is it me or does this watch show up on the sales forums quite often. Just curious? I was thinking it could be the polished case.
    Last edited by Cybotron; December 9th, 2019 at 01:35.
    Regards,

Richard

Re: Sinn 104 St Sa

i think it's just you
    Evil Minion likes this.

WatchRecon shows 9 currently available. Of those, 4 are black dial, 2 white, 2 green, and 1 gray. For what is likely Sinn's most or second most popular watch, that isn't so bad. Especially if you think it is like the non-black dials are purchases that were soured on in person. I know Sinn is small and therefore will have a smaller aftermarket, but I do not think there are that many 104's available as to be any sort of cause for concern.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Out of the 10 that show up on watchrecon, 4 were sold, one was withdrawn, so actually only 5 are for sale. I find Sinn watches hold their value pretty well compared to other watches in the same price range (e.g. Oris and Ball).
    Last edited by Pneuma; December 10th, 2019 at 05:32.

It's a super popular piece and it's also right there in that entry luxury sort of price point. As a result, it's definitely a gateway watch for a lot of folks and therefore seems a bit more likely to be the victim up a tradeup. Plus it's just a great watch! I had set mine up for a sale but decided to keep it around; I'm glad I did. At some point, though, I can see it leaving the collection as I trade up and consolidate because it's too nice to be a beater.

I have quite a few watches and the polished 104 is one of my favorites. It sort of does it all -- looks great, gives me the day and date, and has the countdown bezel. Everything I want in a watch and nothing more or less.

I've loved the design of the 104 since it was introduced years ago. But I'm one of the people who was bothered by the Day misalignment early on. This is an issue that many examples have had over the years. I finally found a pre-owned one from a reputable seller here on this forum that looks good to my eyes. So after all of these years, I'm finally enjoying a 104 that ticks all the boxes for me. It's a watch I can't imagine selling.

I do wish it was possible to actually see a 104, or other Sinn watch, in a store and purchase it then and there. Watchbuys is fine, and Sinn has its reasons for preferring this mode of distribution. But I would prefer a broader network of vendors. I realize this is an issue unrelated to the original poster's question and apologize for straying off topic.

It’s a popular watch so it stands to reason that there will be a fair number of pre owned ones available at any given time.

Fair enough. Thanks for all the responses.
    Regards,

Richard

Thread Information