Sinn 144 owners...

Thread: Sinn 144 owners...

Sinn 144 owners...

Can I get some comments on this watch. Thinking about pruchasing but want some input from those who have owned one. Thanks a ton.

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sinn 144 owners...

Welcome to the Sinn forum YODAHAWK!! Hopefully somebody here can help ya out!!

cheers,
    Tim

Smile Re: Sinn 144 owners...

Hi YODAHAWK,

My 144 GMT Ti was my first SINN. I like the color combinations of the dial and the red hands for the chrono function.

I have the Ti version of this watch. It is pretty comfortable on the wrist, not that heavy.

The only concern is that the 7750 movement is not a thin movement, so to speak, the watch is pretty tall. If you are not used to wearing a thick/tall watch, you might "bang" into a lot of stuffs. Luckly, the titanium version of mind are pretty strong and it did not get any dent yet.

Hope this helps.

Tommy

Glashütte Original Senator Navigator [Cal. 39-10]
    IWC Pilot Chronograph 3706-007 [Cal. C922,
    25 jewels
    (modified Valjoux 7750)]
    Junghans Pilot PVD [ETA 2824-2]
    Marina Militare in Titanium [Unitas 6497]
    NOMOS Sun Watch (Solar powered )
    NOMOS Tangente Date [Beta Movement]
    Omega Dynamic Chronograph [Cal. 1138]
    Seagull 1963 Chronograph [ST19 chronograph movement, 19 Jewels]
    SINN 356 40 JAHRE (1961-2001) [Valjoux 7750]
    SINN 356 UTC [Valjoux 7750]
    STOWA 80th Anniversary Marine Original 18/80 [Unitas 6498]
    STOWA 80th Anniversary Flieger Original 12/80 [Modified Unitas 6497]
    Tutima Military Chronograph (1985 Germany Air Force Issued) [Lemania 5100]
    Zenith Rainbow Flyback Chronograph (black face) [cal 405 El Primero 31 Jewels]

Sold to another collector:
    Omega Speedmaster Chronograph [Cal. 1045]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm spotting a trend here. The first two guys to reply to my posts are from Ontario. Thanks for the 'welcome' and the info. The red hands and the simple lay out of the dial are what draw me to this watch. Have you had any issues Tyau like chrono buttons sticking or the hands not lining up correctly. I owned a 656 at one time so I know the quality of Sinn is top notch.

Smile Re: Sinn 144 owners...

Quote Originally Posted by YODAHAWK
    I'm spotting a trend here. The first two guys to reply to my posts are from Ontario. Thanks for the 'welcome' and the info. The red hands and the simple lay out of the dial are what draw me to this watch. Have you had any issues Tyau like chrono buttons sticking or the hands not lining up correctly. I owned a 656 at one time so I know the quality of Sinn is top notch.
    Hi Yodahawk,

Are you from Ontario as well?

I don't have any issue of my 144. According to the original seller, the watch should be about 5 years old now.

The hands always zero properly, no problem. No report on any problem for the pushers as well.

The only problem is that it does not get enough wrist time. I mostly wear my NOMOS to work now and the 356 UTC for most of the other time.

However, the 144 with the titanium bracelet is the watch of choice if it is hot out there. The bracelet is more comfortable then the leather strap. I would recommand you to get the watch with bracelet since changing to leather strap is much cheaper and you have much more choices on color and styles.

Hope this helps.

Tommy

Glashütte Original Senator Navigator [Cal. 39-10]
    IWC Pilot Chronograph 3706-007 [Cal. C922,
    25 jewels
    (modified Valjoux 7750)]
    Junghans Pilot PVD [ETA 2824-2]
    Marina Militare in Titanium [Unitas 6497]
    NOMOS Sun Watch (Solar powered )
    NOMOS Tangente Date [Beta Movement]
    Omega Dynamic Chronograph [Cal. 1138]
    Seagull 1963 Chronograph [ST19 chronograph movement, 19 Jewels]
    SINN 356 40 JAHRE (1961-2001) [Valjoux 7750]
    SINN 356 UTC [Valjoux 7750]
    STOWA 80th Anniversary Marine Original 18/80 [Unitas 6498]
    STOWA 80th Anniversary Flieger Original 12/80 [Modified Unitas 6497]
    Tutima Military Chronograph (1985 Germany Air Force Issued) [Lemania 5100]
    Zenith Rainbow Flyback Chronograph (black face) [cal 405 El Primero 31 Jewels]

Sold to another collector:
    Omega Speedmaster Chronograph [Cal. 1045]

Quote Originally Posted by tyau
    Hi Yodahawk,

Are you from Ontario as well?

I don't have any issue of my 144. According to the original seller, the watch should be about 5 years old now.

The hands always zero properly, no problem. No report on any problem for the pushers as well.

The only problem is that it does not get enough wrist time. I mostly wear my NOMOS to work now and the 356 UTC for most of the other time.

However, the 144 with the titanium bracelet is the watch of choice if it is hot out there. The bracelet is more comfortable then the leather strap. I would recommand you to get the watch with bracelet since changing to leather strap is much cheaper and you have much more choices on color and styles.

Hope this helps.

Tommy
    Not from Onatario Tommy but I have been there before (fishin' with my old man at Red Lake). I'm from Milwaukee, WI. Thanks for the info. It's good to here you have had no problems. I know people have had problems with the 356 pushers but I believe Sinn fixed that problem a few years back. If I get the watch I'll post some pics.

What a coincidence. I just acquired the 144 St SA last weekend, adding this to my existing 103 ST SA.

What attracts me to the watch are the red hands, which contrasts very well against the black dial. (its actually quite a vibrant red, which the pics may not capture). I like the old-school pumpkin-ish case design, as well as the sandblasted finish. A no-nonsense, 'form-follows-function' watch.

The case height isn't too bad actually. 14.5mm if i remember correctly. I have small wrists( 6.76") and it sits well. The sappphire glass is flat, and so's the caseback, so it stays nicely on the wrists. The 103 actually sits even higher, with its convex glass and glassback crystals, and it still looks fine on my small wrists.

I changed the bracelet to a black leather strap with white stitches initially, which not only brings out the pumpkin shape and complements the black dial very well, but also in my case makes it even more comfortable to wear as the straps tend to angle downwards. Its back to its original stainless steel bracelet as the bracelet is just less 'fussy' in this humid weather over here.

I was looking for a sporty, robust chrono of a more conservative and timeless design to complement my small collection. The 144 fits the criteria perfectly. Yes, I choose it over the U series.

I had a black one and liked it, but didn't get on with a PVD watch. I'd happily pick up a regular stainless one someday, great quality piece and I found it very comfortable.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by YODAHAWK
    Not from Onatario Tommy but I have been there before (fishin' with my old man at Red Lake). I'm from Milwaukee, WI. Thanks for the info. It's good to here you have had no problems. I know people have had problems with the 356 pushers but I believe Sinn fixed that problem a few years back. If I get the watch I'll post some pics.
    Have this Sinn 144 for 6 months. A very rugged watch- tripped and fall down, smashing the watch, with a dent at the corner of the case last 3 months. Its still running at max +5 sec/day (dependent on the position of the watch when not wearing). Must say the 7750 is robust!

The strap is nice too- 'waterproofed - leather' with the white-stiches - pretty sporty look. Indeed if I need to take my heartbeat rate, the 15 pulsiometer is great and fast to get a reading.

I think it is a good buy, and also chose the 144 over the U1 or U2.... reason is the maintainance. The Sinn 144 with the ETA 7750, our local AD's tech team can handle it here.

Kong

Thanks for the info. boys. Just ordered one from Watchbuys.com. It will be on my wrist by 10:30am tomorrow.

Thread Information