Sinn 144 Second Hand Reset

Thread: Sinn 144 Second Hand Reset

Sinn 144 Second Hand Reset

I've had this watch for a few weeks. I noticed yesterday after using the chronograph that the second hand isn't resetting exactly on zero. I swear it was aligned better before yesterday, so now I'm wondering if something is amiss. It's the Valjoux 7750 movement. Should this small amount of misalignment be considered normal? The watch was purchased from Sinn in March 2013, so it is still under warranty.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  193.6 KB

Re: Sinn 144 Second Hand Reset

I am not a seasoned watch expert, but I do know that some "chronos" have a function to fix that. For instance, I own a Fossil watch that can be calibrated to the zero position. (I also realize the leap from one quality of movement to the other.) Look for something along that line. Best of luck.

**Page 15 of this manual ( http://www.victorinox.com/medias/sys...I%20EU_ENG.pdf ) covers the basic concept, but I do not know if it is the same on your movement and therefore bare no responsibility for hair brained attempts.
    Last edited by atxvan; August 24th, 2013 at 20:42. Reason: Found a link.

Quote Originally Posted by atxvan View Post
    I am not a seasoned watch expert, but I do know that some "chronos" have a function to fix that. For instance, I own a Fossil watch that can be calibrated to the zero position. (I also realize the leap from one quality of movement to the other.) Look for something along that line. Best of luck.

**Page 15 of this manual ( http://www.victorinox.com/medias/sys...I%20EU_ENG.pdf ) covers the basic concept, but I do not know if it is the same on your movement and therefore bare no responsibility for hair brained attempts.
    The instructions are for an ETA G10.211 quartz movement and won't have any correlation to the 7750 in your 144. It's not unusual for a chrono to sometimes not reset completely to zero, but if it consistently goes back to that spot I'd talk to the folks at Watchbuys because that should be covered under warranty (I'd hope).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by heebs View Post
    The instructions are for an ETA G10.211 quartz movement and won't have any correlation to the 7750 in your 144. It's not unusual for a chrono to sometimes not reset completely to zero, but if it consistently goes back to that spot I'd talk to the folks at Watchbuys because that should be covered under warranty (I'd hope).
    I plan to give it some time to see if it corrects itself. Watchbuys isn't involved; I was told it was purchased direct from Sinn. So I guess I will try to email Sinn...?

Thread Information