Sinn 155 (レプリカ Version) - Market Craziness?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Samfre
  • 1 Post By Samfre

Thread: Sinn 155 (レプリカ Version) - Market Craziness?

Sinn 155 (レプリカ Version) - Market Craziness?

Hey all, I'm curious if anyone else has been watching the recent surge in the desirability of the Sinn 155 レプリカ limited edition watch from back in 2006? Over the last 6 months is seems as if they are taking a ride on the coattails of the Heuer 1550 SG price increases we've seen recently. That said, I'm not 100% sure that's the only reason but maybe it is!

Knowing that Sinn maintained the original 1550s and have dialed variants in circulation (that the Sinn 155 is an authorized homage to despite the 155's lack of flyback functionality) I can see some interest. Lately the 155's are getting close to the point of price parity with a "decent" 1550 SG with the usual hodgepodge of original/service parts. To avoid getting into specific prices, conditions and other factors, let's just say that the last handful of Sinn 155s that have been up for grabs over the last 6 months via WTB posts, Chrono24 or that big auction site have come within very, very close range of an original.

I bring it up mainly because I've been following them in a poor attempt to snap one up to pair with my Sinn 155 Manufactum but it's been such a recent and rapid increase that it's found me unprepared to invest those sums on it at this point. I don't think I've ever seen a surge like it from a specific limited edition Sinn model somewhat out of the blue, at least with a model that came out almost 13 years after initial release. Are there other Sinn models that have had this kind of wave in the past years after release? Is it because of the 1550s, people don't want to deal with vintage and I'm over thinking this?

For those who don't know the model, here's a shot of it I snagged from the internets:

Name:  Sinn155.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  59.7 KB

Anyway, thanks for reading. It's been on my mind for a while and I have no one to talk to about it except those on WUS :)
    Current Collection: Heuer 1550 SG Bundeswehr x2 / Heuer A.M.I. / Leonidas CP-2 / Sinn 156 / Tutima 768-1 / Seiko SKX007 / Casio DW-5600E

Re: Sinn 155 (レプリカ Version) - Market Craziness?

I agree with you the price are just keep going up and they are rarely available in the market. I am lucky able to find one last week.
    Upstater likes this.

Congrats on getting your hands on one!

I think I know the one you acquired if it was on that “auction” site. What’s interesting Is that even the 155 Manufactum prices have gone up significantly over the last year and that variant doesn’t have the 1550 SG dial connection (although it does have the case).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Collection: Heuer 1550 SG Bundeswehr x2 / Heuer A.M.I. / Leonidas CP-2 / Sinn 156 / Tutima 768-1 / Seiko SKX007 / Casio DW-5600E

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you Upstater. Yes, thats the one I bought.
    Upstater likes this.

Thread Information