Sinn 3006 Hunting watch...would you?! Your thoughts please!
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Sinn 3006 Hunting watch...would you?! Your thoughts please!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

So this watch has caught my eye and interest in a huge way. Its one of those things where it has a few "red flags" for me in the sense that its a chrono (service), buying in at full retail value, the case thickness is right around at 15.5mm, the diameter is 44mm and its functions and complications are not something that I would particularly use all that often.....wow. Just reading all that list should land the answer right in my lap.

But man its just such an AWESOME looking watch to me. I think with a very nice diver (I have the new Omega Seamaster 300 master chronometer in blue on rubber) it would make for an all time great 2 watch collection of which there are so many great combos.

This watch is really spendy in the Sinn line and I would say it better be a keeper as the resale I fear would be a little tough....although the watch in really rare out in the wild, there are no discounts to be had new (that I could find....I tried!) and there are none on the second hand market so value retention may not be all that bad.

Last question. Would you rather own the Sinn 3006 and the new Seamaster or ONE Rolex....a 216570 white dial Rolex Explorer II. No other "good" watches in the collection. One Rolex....or a Sinn and an Omega.

Please DON'T hold back I want to hear your thoughts. Tell me what you would do.

Re: Sinn 3006 Hunting watch...would you?! Your thoughts please!

Remember that you buy a watch with your heart rather than your head so jump in. I personally would go for the Exp II but if the Sinn keeps calling to you then do the deed.
    BradPittFUAngie and TJ Boogie like this.

COZ

This watch also caught my interest when it was announced. I think it is cool and unique but just a bit big (44mm, 15.5mm thickness) for me, although I've still thought about trying it.

If the size is not an issue, I would do the 3006 and the Omega, then again I'm not a Rolex fan.
    Good luck with your decision.
    BradPittFUAngie likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You said don't hold back so......
    Having seen this watch in person, it's definitely NOT one of my favorites in the Sinn lineup, but hey.... it's all personal preference. If you like it, it's definitely unique... so don't let me talk you out of it.
    It does feel quite large for what that's worth...

Sometimes the watch diameter numbers could be misleading and what matters most is lug-to-lug height. With Sinn watches (or any other watch in general) I would suggest to try them out in person, if possible. Only then can you pick up on the size, weight and other aspects. For example, I had my eyes set on a 140 St but then the EZM 10 wore much better on my 6.75" wrist even though it's the biggest looking watch on the lineup with the same 44mm diameter as the 140 St (of course, the Titanium EZM 10 is so much lighter)
    Last edited by praveenkn; December 2nd, 2018 at 13:32.

I would say two watches would equal about double the servicing costs, but with Rolex I'm not sure. It may end up being even costs wise. If you plan to keep them, I would say this is a consideration.

I think in general, two watches will always be greater than 1 though as far as flexibility. It depends how you want to wear them. You'll also have a spare when you send one in for servicing!

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

For me the dial is way to busy

Name:  E1E0CA08-6021-4545-BB18-5D23FE3F90D8.jpeg
Views: 349
Size:  1.03 MB
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    For me the dial is way to busy

Name:  E1E0CA08-6021-4545-BB18-5D23FE3F90D8.jpeg
Views: 349
Size:  1.03 MB
    For all of the complications, I don't think it's that bad as far as dial layout goes. If anything, I think its rather clean considering all of the complications. It's kinda like a navitimer/Sinn 903; while the slide rule adds a lot of business to the dial, most of it is unnecessary until you need it.

In the mean time, as long as you can read the current time readily, the rest is forgotten until you need it. That's how I envision busy dials at least. So long as I can read the current time well, which many fail at in my opinion, the other complications can busy it up.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

I’d choose the Sinn and Omega over the Rolex Explorer II. I like to have options.

Thanks for the replies everyone. A bit of an update. I'm still considering it. I think I may try to attend WatchBuys roadshow in NYC in a few weeks. That may be a very dangerous trip indeed but I think if I could have a chance to try the piece on I could see for myself if its worth going for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information