Sinn 356 bracelet issue

Thread: Sinn 356 bracelet issue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn 356 bracelet issue

I have a Sinn, 356, good watch. Stupidly bought it on the leather band. Have spent the last two months pondering over whether to get the bracelet. Bought it. Tried to fit it last night, found it beyond difficult. No matter what I did it just would click i to place. I can get both ends of the sping bar under the lugs, but you only have so much wiggle and after using a torch I have realised its not even close to going in. What the heck is going on? Are the bracelet ends faulty? I seriously feel like using superglue just to fit the damn thing. The braclet cost me roughly £300 and its now two days that I've had it and its still not on. I tried it with the spring bars it came with. Nope. Even brought it to work to try and work on it there. Nope. Had a brainstorm that maybe a cheaper, thinner spring bar could do the trick. I get one end on each in. But cannot get the second. I even use the fork end of the spring bar tool and push and prod and even try a sort of crow bar technique. Nope. I have spent a long time just trying to fit the braclet. My only other option is to take it to a local jewellers and have them try. But to be honest I dont have much faith as I cannot for the life of me figure out how they could do anything different. Does anyone have any experience with this? The cheap £20 one I bought as a temporary was not hard to fit and I got it on at most within 30 minutes. Am I really supposed to send this whole thing all the way to Germany just to have them fit the bracelet. I'm genuinely tired from trying for about the last 3 hours. Why did it come with this little bottle of whats called thread locking?
    Please anyone with any experience fitting the h-link bracelet on the 356 sinn let me know if you had a similar trouble and how you overcame it.
    Am so frustrated with this as now I cannot wear the watch...

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Sinn 356 bracelet issue

Post moved to our Sinn Forum.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I don't really understand why purchasing your 356 on leather was "stupid."

Anyway, here's the solution to your problem.

https://www.esslinger.com/horofix-wa...ers-band-tool/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A+U

Sinn 356 bracelet issue

Thats strange, it shouldnt be that hard to get it on...

Some pics might help us better understand whats wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by A+U; August 4th, 2018 at 05:15.

Are you using the correct spring bars for the bracelet? They are shorter than the strap spring bars.

Banned

Save yourself the headache, swallow your pride and take it to a jeweler or watchmaker. I had to do the same to remove a Tudor Pelagos strap from my North Flag, I was ready to tear my hair out and the jeweler did the job in a matter of seconds. I tried to pay but he wouldn't take my money and chuckled.

Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately I cant take photos all I have is my phone and I just tried but they came out rubbish, because its such a small area its too hard to focus.
    I used the spring bars that came with it, I have even tried cheap thinner ones and at least with them I can get one side in, but then the other end is nowhere near the hole.
    With the bars that came with it, its almost really simple. The spring bar sitting in the end piece doesn't move, so its not like you can move it into the wrong place. And the end piece once you get it onto the watch face is kinda like right well thisbis where we are staying, as in the only place to move the end piece is to move it off the watch again. What weird is if you have the end piece positioned behind the watch as if you could swing it up into place, it looks like it would fit fine. But once on the holes are nowhere near.

That tool looks interesting but to be honest I will just have to take it to a jewelers and hope they have someone a little handy.

Also ive notice the whole is partly covered by some of the end piece, but its not an issue of it being blocked, its nowhere near the hole. I pushed and squeezed the end piece against the watch thinking maybe its just a bit of force thats needed but no dice.

At least after I have someone else try if they cant do it I will no for sure something is wrong and will start to pester sinn themselves. They can service it literally just to put a bracelet on.

Did you buy the bracelet brand new? Are you positive you have the correct end links? Have you tried swapping the end links?

I still believe you are unknowingly using the incorrect spring bar.

With both ends of the spring-bar compressed (using the appropriate tool) at the same time you should have a little bit of play. This play/extra room, (due to both bar-ends being compressed) should allow you to sort of feel out hole position and slide the tips into place.

As far as buying bracelets separately, as I've done, just as you. The end-links don't come on the bracelet, it's possible (although unlikely) they included the wrong ones. I received a call from Watchbuys (USA) while my bracelet was in transit to give me a heads up that they possibly forgot to include them. As it turned out, they didn't. They did include an extra set of spring-bars though.

Also, if this is the first time attaching a bracelet it can be a real PITA. Gets easier with practice and the appropriate tools.
    Last edited by DNARNA; August 4th, 2018 at 03:42.

Duplicate post...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information