Sinn 556 Rubber Strap - Availability?

Thread: Sinn 556 Rubber Strap - Availability?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn 556 Rubber Strap - Availability?

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a black rubber strap for my 556. Unfortunately on Watchbuys, the one with the satin compact clasp is "temporarily sold out" and they don't know when they'll have more stock.

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one, aside from Watchbuys? I'm in the US.

Thanks!

Re: Sinn 556 Rubber Strap - Availability?

If you aren’t dead set on the Sinn strap, my suggestion would be to buy a Hirsch Pure. It is an amazing strap and is perfectly suited for the 556.

Quote Originally Posted by CGSshorty View Post
    If you aren’t dead set on the Sinn strap, my suggestion would be to buy a Hirsch Pure. It is an amazing strap and is perfectly suited for the 556.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'm pretty set on the Sinn strap for two reasons - integrated fit into the case, and a buckle that doesn't leave a strap tail sticking out. As great as the Hirsch straps feel, they're not quite what I'm looking for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

These are back in stock if you didn't notice. Mine got delivered today.

Quote Originally Posted by jester0723 View Post
    These are back in stock if you didn't notice. Mine got delivered today.
    Yep! I picked one up this week. May have cut one side a bit too short, but luckily replacement straps are available now that I have the clasp already.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoufPosy View Post
    Yep! I picked one up this week. May have cut one side a bit too short, but luckily replacement straps are available now that I have the clasp already.
    Where do you get replacement straps? I had chatted WatchBuys about this and they told me they don't sell them.

Haven't actually opened the box yet but this is obviously my concern.

Where do you get replacement straps? I had chatted WatchBuys about this and they told me they don't sell them.

Haven't actually opened the box yet but this is obviously my concern.
    I chatted with someone on the live-chat - they confirmed that I already had a suitable clasp, and then gave me a link to buy it. The link was squirreled away in the Artisan Straps section, but I just checked and it's no longer there. I'm guessing it definitely has to do with how much they have in stock. In any case, it was possible for me to purchase another set so I think it would be possible for you as well.

As for sizing it...definitely be careful. I really need the clasp to be centered right under my wrist, so it's been an expensive trial and error so far. For my wrist, I've learned it's not as simple as cutting each side of the strap the same amount. I had to cut the 6'o clock side much more than the 12'o clock side. Right now I have it perfectly centered but just a tad too tight for me, so depending on when I'm able to spend another $90 for a replacement set, I'll probably just put it off until then.

Did you get the compact clasp or the regular one?

I got the compact one in satin, as that's what they recommended. Apparently the regular clasp is almost 10mm longer than the clasp that comes on the H-link bracelet, and I kind of agree with their assessment that given the size of the 556 it would just be too big.

I wear the h-link bracelet with my 556 with 5 full links (+ endlinks) on both sides of the clasp. Was planning to gradually cut it down on each side of the silicone - I believe the compact has a micro adjust on the clasp for where you put the spring bar, right?

If you have any other tips, I'm all ears

I got the compact one in satin, as that's what they recommended. Apparently the regular clasp is almost 10mm longer than the clasp that comes on the H-link bracelet, and I kind of agree with their assessment that given the size of the 556 it would just be too big.

I wear the h-link bracelet with my 556 with 5 full links (+ endlinks) on both sides of the clasp. Was planning to gradually cut it down on each side of the silicone - I believe the compact has a micro adjust on the clasp for where you put the spring bar, right?

If you have any other tips, I'm all ears
    Yeah, same clasp I got. There is one microadjust on each side of the butterfly clasp (basically, two holes on each side). So you can definitely mix and match adjustments to get the right fit.

I think getting the right fit is the easy part - just check the fit after every cut. The hard part is getting the clasp centered AND the right fit.

When I first started out, I'd mirror every cut - one segment cut off on 12, one segment cut off on 6. Instead, I'd suggest after every single cut, put it on to check. So for example, cut one segment on 12, put it on, assess it, make the next cut on whichever side you think needs it, put it on again, etc. Slow and time-consuming...but could save ya $90 + shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoufPosy View Post
    Yeah, same clasp I got. There is one microadjust on each side of the butterfly clasp (basically, two holes on each side). So you can definitely mix and match adjustments to get the right fit.

I think getting the right fit is the easy part - just check the fit after every cut. The hard part is getting the clasp centered AND the right fit.

When I first started out, I'd mirror every cut - one segment cut off on 12, one segment cut off on 6. Instead, I'd suggest after every single cut, put it on to check. So for example, cut one segment on 12, put it on, assess it, make the next cut on whichever side you think needs it, put it on again, etc. Slow and time-consuming...but could save ya $90 + shipping.
    Did you do the Sinn logo on the 12:00 or 6:00 side of the watch? Based on the way that the strap came partially assembled, it looks as though it's supposed to be on the 6:00 lug.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information