The Sinn 556 thread - Page 153
Like Tree1644Likes

Thread: The Sinn 556 thread

Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1535

Re: The Sinn 556 thread

Quote Originally Posted by sanchjer View Post
    Received my 556i last week. Picked it up used. Came with the H link bracelet, leather strap, and rubber strap. I haven't taken this thing off. The build quality is great, the dial is very good looking, I really like looking at this watch. Only problem I'm having is the rubber strap will not fit me. I have a small wrist and even after cutting the strap to the smallest size it's still a little large on me. Not sure what else to do...I really like how the watch looks on the rubber strap.
    Which clasp is on your rubber strap? Large or compact? And what's your wrist size?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoufPosy View Post
    Which clasp is on your rubber strap? Large or compact? And what's your wrist size?
    Wrist size is 6.5in and the strap has the large clasp. The one with the dive extension.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchjer View Post
    Wrist size is 6.5in and the strap has the large clasp. The one with the dive extension.
    I've got the same wrist size, but with the small clasp. Still have a ton of adjustments left, not to mention microadjusts on the clasp.

Unfortunately, if you want to pick up a small clasp you'll most likely need a new set of straps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoufPosy View Post
    I've got the same wrist size, but with the small clasp. Still have a ton of adjustments left, not to mention microadjusts on the clasp.

Unfortunately, if you want to pick up a small clasp you'll most likely need a new set of straps.
    Yeah, if I get a new small clasp I’ll need a set of new straps for sure. Mine are cut all the way. Not worried though, don’t have plans of selling the watch. Would like to wear the rubber strap though! I wish the large clasp had micro adjustments. But it sadly doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ve been eyeing this watch for a bit, and something always seemed to turn me off. Then, I realize it's these two things:

1. The lugs are curved inward instead of outward on the sides, this makes the lugs looks a bit thin compare to the case, and bracelets / straps don't look as good.
    2. Why is there such a gap on all the straps I ve seen on this watch so far? As far as I know the lug to lug is 46 ish.

Anyone else feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by shane.shepherd View Post
    Anyone else feel the same?
    Nope. I like the lug shape a lot, does not overpower the rest of the case and I think straps and bracelet look just fine in relation to them.

Never noticed the gap with straps, where it is very obvious to me on watches with longer lugs. That it appears that way to you may be because the lug holes are low, compared to the tall face of the case between the lugs?
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by kbuzz3 View Post
    I prefer the numbered dial as well..post a pic when u get the pajama
    Liking this strap, so far. I'll probably keep it on the watch at least through the rest of the week.

Name:  20190514_103122_1557845254329.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  1.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by mconlonx View Post
    Liking this strap, so far. I'll probably keep it on the watch at least through the rest of the week.

Name:  20190514_103122_1557845254329.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  1.65 MB
    Thats the one I ordered....what do you really think...only a week? Lol

Bigger review here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/b...l#post48916869

I really like it, but it's a matter of too many straps, too few watches -- I like to switch things up on a frequent basis. For sure it will stay in regular rotation.

The only real fault on my end -- and for many, it's a non-issue, especially if you like NATO straps -- is that it is long, requiring the end to be doubled-over through the second keeper. Probably it could be cut short so that even this small detail would not be an issue, and it's thin enough that it doesn't really bother me, but this is really nit-picking.

Oh, and it's not got near infinite adjustability, like either of the other elastic straps, a perlon or C&B Chevron. Because it's elastic, there's way less chance of being frustrated by it not fitting with the given holes in the strap, but I guess it could still be an issue for some.

For the most part, it's a great strap if you like elastic straps. In my mind it falls like this: Erika's Original MN---x---------Mankey Hook Strap, where x represents where this falls on a spectrum from EO to Mankey, in stretchiness and style. I like the EO and Mankey straps about equally, in their own ways, for their different individual characteristics, and this ranks right up there with them. I'd give it an equally favorable 9/10 rating, where NATO straps generally rank lower than 5, bracelets and leather straps top out at 7-8, perlon and C&B chevron 8-9.

I tried pulling it off and on without undoing the buckle, like I can do with the Mankey but not the EO, and it works well enough, but I worry about longevity with the buckle tongue and stress on the hole in the strap.

More convenient to swap out than either an EO or a Mankey. Very quality brushed stainless BluShark hardware which matches the 556 case well.
    Last edited by mconlonx; 5 Days Ago at 22:16.

This strap a yes or a no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information