The Sinn 556 thread - Page 7
Like Tree1663Likes

Thread: The Sinn 556 thread

Page 7 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Re: The Sinn 556 thread

Quote Originally Posted by $nake eye$ View Post
    it does look good with a bracelet, but its £125 extra!
    If you buy the bracelet separately its more so if there is a chance you want it buy it, I've changed the strap on mine to a brown calf that is much more comfortable than the Sinn.

Just wanted to bring this thread up to the top. Just got a 556 and have been wearing it constantly since I got it a week ago. Have had an EZM2, UX, U1 and 656 in the past but ended up trading them off. I think this one is a keeper. Here are some pics with some other German goodies:

Quote Originally Posted by OddE View Post
    -Agreed. When my interest in mechanical watches was rekindled some time ago, a Breitling #2 (A Cosmonaute to relieve my Chrono Shark of its wrist duty) was on top of my wish list.

However, after some time spent online, in this forum as well as by reading ArmbandUhren (I can read German quite well; just don't ask me to form a coherent sentence in the language! ;), I lean more and more towards a Sinn as my next purchase - I had the 144GMT in mind, but the 556 really appeals to me. (Heck, I can get both for less than what a Cosmonaute would cost! :)

There wouldn't happen to be a Sinn dealer at either MUC or FRA, would it? (I pass through both several times a year, that's why - buying the watch in Germany would save me 25% Norwegian VAT on the purchase price.)

--
    Odd Erling

There are also two Sinn dealers listed for Munich. I bought two watches from Portofino, located in the Arabella Sheraton Hotel, easily accessible by subway, streetcar or taxi, and even got the Added Vaue Tax refunded.

Click here for a list of authorized Sinn dealers, called "depots": http://www.sinn.de/sinn-uhren-2000/depots.htm

K.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Still loving this watch, will keep it forever.
    mitadoc, vkd668, nmadd and 2 others like this.

ST.

Quick question:

Whats the lug size on one of these??

Thanks!

20mm.

Beautiful watch. I really admire it`s non-tacticalness, it`s simplicity. Dial, hands, case, strap - the end. It might be Sinns entry-level timepiece but it certainly doesn`t look anything like it. Seriously considering it. But the EZM 3 is still an EZM 3... Hmm.
    Aquastar Benthos 500 (sold)
    Heuer MasterTime 8 Days
    IWC Aquatimer 3536-002 (sold)
    Rolex Submariner 14060M
    Seiko Quartz Diver (sold)
    Sinn EZM3 (sold)
    TAG Heuer Super Professional 1000m (sold)

I still love mine and wear it daily. tried a rios chrono strap and a jurgen tropic strap (great buy and a super german made strap) but put it back on the bracelet. it is a durable accurate timepiece that is great for any situation. does not have a bunch of doo-dads i don't need or use. it tells time. and date. has a screw down crown and good water resistance. and it glows like a bastard at night.
    cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Denslen View Post
    I still love mine and wear it daily. tried a rios chrono strap and a jurgen tropic strap (great buy and a super german made strap) but put it back on the bracelet. it is a durable accurate timepiece that is great for any situation. does not have a bunch of doo-dads i don't need or use. it tells time. and date. has a screw down crown and good water resistance. and it glows like a bastard at night.
    cheers
    Derek
    Yep its my favourite took it to the lakes on holiday and it survived everything and the lume told me what time it was whenever it was dark a true classic, and I'm going get a metal; bracelet for it because it gets so much use!

I have been very pleased with the bracelet-usually i don't like them, but this one is soild and well made. not to flimsy, solid end links and screw in pins. plus the "through holes" in the sides of the case "arms" make strap changing very easy.

Page 7 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information