The Sinn 556 thread - Page 8
Like Tree1663Likes

Thread: The Sinn 556 thread

Page 8 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Re: The Sinn 556 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Denslen View Post
    I have been very pleased with the bracelet-usually i don't like them, but this one is soild and well made. not to flimsy, solid end links and screw in pins. plus the "through holes" in the sides of the case "arms" make strap changing very easy.
    Agreed. I've had mine on leather but have put the metal back on.

Great watch...

I just bought a mint condition Sinn 556. I can`t wait for it to arrive. I also am excited that my watch has the serial # 556.0017 on the back, which means I got #17. I will post pictures when it arrives.

Justin

Was killing some time and thought I would bring this thread back up to the top.

Does anyone have any new photos of their 556 they want to post? If so, do it here!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Does Sinn have an AD in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by ranocean View Post
    I just wonder if 556 is using top grade or elabouree grade 2824 movement. I heard that all the sinn watch is using top grade movement or COSC movement. But the price of 556 is so cheaper. Will sinn downgrade its movement level for 556?
    I would also like to know this.

the Standard grade is adjusted in two positions with an average rate of +/-12 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds/day;
    the Elaborated grade is adjusted in three positions with an average rate of +/-7 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds/day;
    while the Top grade is adjusted in five positions with an average rate of +/-4 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-10 seconds/day.

Which one in a sinn 556?

All I can tell you is mine gains 6 seconds per day and has done from new. If you can point me to a chart with the movement numbers I'll have a go at reading them.

I dont know either but it's the most accurate auto I have. It was a little fast early doors but is pretty much spot on. I cant remember the last time I had to change the time....

I have a U1, on the average it gains 4sec/day
    jpfwatch likes this.
    Sinn U1
    Seiko SBDC003 "Sumo"
    Tag Heuer 1500 quartz
    Vostok Europe Arktika
    Aviator Navigator

I just ordered one of these from Neil at chronomaster. Got it at an excellent price compared with Watchbuys, especially after VAT is deducted. Hopefully it fits nicely on my 6 inch wrist. I got it on leather as I couldn't stomach the additional cost of the bracelet. Some great photos in this thread, I'll post some when mine arrives.

This is also my first mechanical watch purchase. The agonising wait for the postman begins...

san

Thumbs Up Re: The Sinn 556 thread

The more I see the 556 the more I appreciate it's simplicity. Keep the metal band and it has more of an classy/rugged look to it. Put on leather strap and it's the perfect dress watch (I particularly like the pics in this thread with the brown leather strap, very sophisticated looking). I think I have found my next watch.

Rolex Submariner Date
    Sinn U1
    Oris TT1 Titan Chrono
    Michele Turbina XL Auto
    Raymond Weil Tango Chrono
    S. Coifman Stainless Auto
    Tissot PRS 516
    Wenger Commando Pilot Chrono
    Sector Compass Chrono
    Suunto Core
    ...and others

Page 8 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread Information