Sinn 556A accuracy +8 seconds a day
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sinn 556A accuracy +8 seconds a day

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sinn 556A accuracy +8 seconds a day

Dear community,

I recently purchased Sinn 556a (a gift for my father). I was testing it over last week and I see that it runs approx. 8 seconds / day fast. I was wondering if this is normal or I should be “concerned” ? I have received it on 14.06, have set the time and wound it manually. Since then, everyday I take it out of the box to wind it (was not worn, so it sits in same position all the time, dial up in the box). It is gaining about 8 seconds a day constantly. Yesterday time offset was 48 seconds (divided by 6 days = 8 secs/day). I have only one watch to compare to, my Steinhart Ocean 39 (Elaboré 2824-2), which runs 5 sec/days fast constantly over half a year. I was reading that Sinn uses Elaboré 2824-2 or even Top grade, so I was expecting it to perform at least at 5 secs/day. I still have time before father’s birthday in July, hence I wanted to hear your experience and see if I need to take it to watchmaker to, perhaps demagnetize, etc.. or this is normal and nothing to “worry” about J ?

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Name:  IMG_4344_small.JPG
Views: 399
Size:  146.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_4346_small.JPG
Views: 400
Size:  150.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_4345_small.JPG
Views: 400
Size:  157.6 KB

Re: Sinn 556A accuracy +8 seconds a day

Mine is 3 or 4 months old (second owner) and is about +4spd over the week I've had it and will slow down if left crown up. These do have the top grade ETA2824-2 and the specs for that are an accuracy of +/-4 sec/day up to +/- 15 sec/day per my research.

Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
    Damasko DA44
    Seiko SRPC39
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

Thank you Rice and Gravy! I was also expecting around 4-5 secs. Your's seem to run perfectly! 8 is not terrible, but i was a bit surprised when observed it, as I said, my Steinhart performs better at more than half of the Sinn price :) . Not that I am expecting COSC level and 1000$ is not a lot in a watch world, but was expecting a bit more still. Could it be that its magnetized? Or if it did, it would run much much more faster?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In my experience sometimes brand new watches need a bit to settle in and seem to keep better time when worn regularly. In addition, usually magnetized watches run REALLY fast, not a few seconds, but regardless you'd think magnetization would not been an issue for this watch anyway given that it is anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309.

Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
    Damasko DA44
    Seiko SRPC39
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

Quote Originally Posted by Rice and Gravy View Post
    In my experience sometimes brand new watches need a bit to settle in and seem to keep better time when worn regularly. In addition, usually magnetized watches run REALLY fast, not a few seconds, but regardless you'd think magnetization would not been an issue for this watch anyway given that it is anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309.
    True :) Thanks!

Within 10 seconds a day is fine. It might even get better over time. No worries
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

I agree with the poster who suggested the watch will settle down a bit once worn regularly. If not, any good watchmaker can regulate the movement.

I’d be happy with a 556 that ran +8 SPD. As others have said it might improve as it beds in.
    MusicPDX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    Within 10 seconds a day is fine. It might even get better over time. No worries
    Thanks! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by gaopa View Post
    I agree with the poster who suggested the watch will settle down a bit once worn regularly. If not, any good watchmaker can regulate the movement.
    Yes, also currently it's in the box, always sits in one position , hopefully once it's worn it will improve. I will post an update 1-1,5 month from now. It maybe useful / interesting for someone with similar question.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast