Sinn 556i help needed
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sinn 556i help needed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn 556i help needed

I'm thinking of ordering a 556i on bracelet but I'm a little hesitant because I've never bought a watch that I haven't tried on before. If anyone can post a side by side picture with an Omega Aqua Terra 41.5mm if they have both watches it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Sinn 556i help needed

Just be aware that the bracelet will likely disappoint you if you’re used to an Aqua Terra. I know many will disagree with this statement but I firmly believe the 556 bracelet and especially the clasp is the worst bracelet in the price range.

I'm mostly concerned with the size of the case. I wish Sinn would offer different sizes for the 556 as it's their entry-level watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gersen View Post
    I'm mostly concerned with the size of the case. I wish Sinn would offer different sizes for the 556 as it's their entry-level watch.

Ah well it wears fairly true to its size MAYBE a tad bigger due to being all dial. I used to own both an Aqua Terra and 556 and the AT was definitely noticeably bigger but not by much. Wish I still had both to show you comparison pics.

Quote Originally Posted by rdranade View Post
    Just be aware that the bracelet will likely disappoint you if you’re used to an Aqua Terra. I know many will disagree with this statement but I firmly believe the 556 bracelet and especially the clasp is the worst bracelet in the price range.
    Care to elaborate? I’ve owned several watches in and above “the price range” from a variety of upper end makes Rolex, Tudor, Omega... and couldn’t disagree more...
    Too many flipped...

I have a Sinn 556 i b that came on a leather strap. I did not want the fine link bracelet based on reviews. Today I received the h link bracelet from Watchbuys. IMHO it is a great bracelet and looks better than the fine link on the 556 i b. Very well made, I do not own an Omega bracelet so I can't give you a comparison. The 556 i b is a fantastic watch that wears very comfortably. Seems larger than 38.5mm.

Here is a photo.Name:  2019-03-05 11.15.01.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  4.36 MB
    davek35 likes this.

Plus the 556 ib on leather. Name:  2019-02-18 15.04.30.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  965.7 KB
    jarlleif, Geof3 and davek35 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
    Care to elaborate? I’ve owned several watches in and above “the price range” from a variety of upper end makes Rolex, Tudor, Omega... and couldn’t disagree more...

Sure! I’m a little drunk so please forgive any spelling errors or poor sentence structure.

I’ve owned four Sinn bracelets in the past and currently own one. I had two bracelets for the 556, one for the 856 and one for the U1.

The finish on both of my 556 bracelets was abysmal. It looked like a 5 year old had taken a scotch brite to each of the links. Uneven and sloppy.

The fitment to the case was terrible. I could see exposed spring bars on both sides of the watch head of almost an entire millimeter and many places I could see the link pin connecting the links together. This occurred on both of my 556 bracelets.

My biggest complaint on theses bracelets aside from the poor fit and finish is the clasp used on ALL of the bracelets. It’s easily the WORST clasp ever made. The flip lock touches the first link every time you open it causing some weird pattern of wear (unless you’re extremely careful every time or have some strange needle fingers). Sinn doesn’t even bother to remove the diving extension on their non divers. There’s no reason the 556 or 856 should have an extension and I would gladly rather have an extra adjustment hole or a more secure fit. Speaking of the divers extension...

The divers extension on all 4 Sinn bracelets I’ve owned eventually wear away the small metal piece holding them together. Meaning that flexing my wrist will pop open the extension and in-turn open the clasp.

I called watchbuys about this issue since my brand new 556 had the loose divers extension after a week. They acknowledged that this is a very common issue and it’s due to the poor manufacturing process they use to stamp the clasp. They told me I could either send the watch back under warranty to get it fix or just do what they were going to do once they got the watch - Take a pair of pliers and microfiber cloth and squeeze the clasp until the metal points holding down the divers extension tightened up enough to secure the extension.

I tried this and it totally worked! It was a simple solution that seemed to do the trick until about a month later I had the same issue. So I took my pliers and squeezed the clasp and it was good to go for another few month. How about F**k you Sinn, I shouldn’t have to take pliers to my $1000+ watch because of your POS cost cutting clasp.

I’ve owned Rolex and Omega bracelets and I simply cannot fathom how anybody could even begin to think the Sinn bracelets are in the same league as them. Perhaps you and I have different ideas on what a “quality” bracelet means. Oris, Tag, even Christoper Ward and Hamilton WIPE the floor with Sinn in terms of bracelets build quality. Even my $150 Citizen Nighthawk bracelet was better finished and felt more solid than any of the Sinn bracelets I’ve had.

Below are some pics to help visualize what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by rdranade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post

Sure! I’m a little drunk so please forgive any spelling errors or poor sentence structure.

I’ve owned four Sinn bracelets in the past and currently own one. I had two bracelets for the 556, one for the 856 and one for the U1.

The finish on both of my 556 bracelets was abysmal. It looked like a 5 year old had taken a scotch brite to each of the links. Uneven and sloppy.

The fitment to the case was terrible. I could see exposed spring bars on both sides of the watch head of almost an entire millimeter and many places I could see the link pin connecting the links together. This occurred on both of my 556 bracelets.

My biggest complaint on theses bracelets aside from the poor fit and finish is the clasp used on ALL of the bracelets. It’s easily the WORST clasp ever made. The flip lock touches the first link every time you open it causing some weird pattern of wear (unless you’re extremely careful every time or have some strange needle fingers). Sinn doesn’t even bother to remove the diving extension on their non divers. There’s no reason the 556 or 856 should have an extension and I would gladly rather have an extra adjustment hole or a more secure fit. Speaking of the divers extension...

The divers extension on all 4 Sinn bracelets I’ve owned eventually wear away the small metal piece holding them together. Meaning that flexing my wrist will pop open the extension and in-turn open the clasp.

I called watchbuys about this issue since my brand new 556 had the loose divers extension after a week. They acknowledged that this is a very common issue and it’s due to the poor manufacturing process they use to stamp the clasp. They told me I could either send the watch back under warranty to get it fix or just do what they were going to do once they got the watch - Take a pair of pliers and microfiber cloth and squeeze the clasp until the metal points holding down the divers extension tightened up enough to secure the extension.

I tried this and it totally worked! It was a simple solution that seemed to do the trick until about a month later I had the same issue. So I took my pliers and squeezed the clasp and it was good to go for another few month. How about F**k you Sinn, I shouldn’t have to take pliers to my $1000+ watch because of your POS cost cutting clasp.

I’ve owned Rolex and Omega bracelets and I simply cannot fathom how anybody could even begin to think the Sinn bracelets are in the same league as them. Perhaps you and I have different ideas on what a “quality” bracelet means. Oris, Tag, even Christoper Ward and Hamilton WIPE the floor with Sinn in terms of bracelets build quality. Even my $150 Citizen Nighthawk bracelet was better finished and felt more solid than any of the Sinn bracelets I’ve had.

Below are some pics to help visualize what I mean.

Wow...
    I have the fine link. The finish on mine is quite good, but the clasp is quite week also. The butterfly clasp is very sensitive and has popped open on numerous occasions.
    Real world examples of it happening:
    Pulling my arm through the sleeve of my coat, bending my wrist awkwardly reaching for something several times, and twisting my wrist awkwardly through my backpack strap several times.
    Also, the clasp scratches against the bottom of my wrist and is quite uncomfortable, which is too bad because the fine links feel great, articulate and bend nicely with the wrist, and the satin brush looks great. I love my 556 and the links are fantastic. I think it is one of the best GADA watches out there...but the butterfly clasp is sh#%.
    Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV225, SBGV205, SBGT241
    Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot
    Sinn: LE 556i
    Longines: Conquest V.H.P.
    Seiko: Blue Coral Monster
    Casio Oceanus : OCW-s100
    G Shock: GMW-b5000, GX-56bb, GW-b5600

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information