Sinn 556i Maintenance

Thread: Sinn 556i Maintenance

Sinn 556i Maintenance

Purchased it a little over 2 years, is still my daily lots of scratches and 1 hairline scratch on the crystal, how well can Sinn repair it ?
    Graham Chronofighter II Oversize
    Sinn 556i
    Seiko SACM167

Seiko SKX007

Re: Sinn 556i Maintenance

Sinn can repair so as to bring it back to a "as new" state. My 656 is getting the treatment right now*. They have all the parts and spares.

* maybe not at this exact moment, but it is at Sinn now being worked on, during working days during office hours.
    When you have the patience to watch grass grow, where is the watch for?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Sinn can repair so as to bring it back to a "as new" state. My 656 is getting the treatment right now*. They have all the parts and spares.

* maybe not at this exact moment, but it is at Sinn now being worked on, during working days during office hours.
    nice, how would one go about this ive had it for 2 years so im guessing the warrenty has expired, did u take any before pictures ?
    Graham Chronofighter II Oversize
    Sinn 556i
    Seiko SACM167

Seiko SKX007

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Unless they are specialty models, like the Hydro watches, you can get them services/repaired at any reputable jeweler/watch repair place. Just FYI.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kellybundy View Post
    Purchased it a little over 2 years, is still my daily lots of scratches and 1 hairline scratch on the crystal, how well can Sinn repair it ?
    Since your Sinn is out of warranty you could get it spruced up and serviced at any competent watchmakers shop. The movement is a ETA 2824-2 which is probably one of the most manufactured movements in the last 40 yrs. everyone will have the parts.

As far as the scratch on the crystal, the crystal is Sapphire and in all probability the crystal itself isn't scratched, but the AR coating is. The watchmaker could simply buff of that outer AR coating and you would still have the inside coating of AR.

Thread Information