Sinn 6015 crystal replacement

Thread: Sinn 6015 crystal replacement

Sinn 6015 crystal replacement

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a pristine example of the Sinn 6015 moonphase chronograph. Unfortunately, the day after it arrived in the mail, The end of the strap slipped off the spring bars and the watch fell onto the hardwood floor. Thank goodness the watch is still functioning well, but the Crystal was cracked. I contacted WatchBuys to source a new crystal, possibly a sapphire crystal. They recommended shipping the watch to RGM, who is their official repair facility in the United States. I’m reluctant to ship the watch, because I’ve had bad experiences with shipping in the past. Also, I have no idea of the cost except that their website indicates a minimum labor charges of $75.

Would anyone here vouch for RGM? My feeling is is that I may send it to a watch repair facility that I have used in Houston and let them take care of it. Ideally, I would have been able to buy the crystal that I want and send it to the repair facility along with the watch.

Last edited by Aggie88; November 10th, 2018 at 22:31.
    Ball Fireman Stormchaser Pro panda dial / EMG DL63 Panda Chronograph​ / Evant Decodiver Fume Black / Grand Seiko SBGR019 /​Omega Speedmaster Automatic 3510.50 / Orient Bambino FER24005W0 / Prometheus Eagle Ray no date GMT / ​Sinn 6015 Moonphase Chronograph / Seiko Brightz Phoenix automatic chronograph SAGK003 / Steinhart GMT Ocean Black Red / Seiko 5 Sports SNZF17 / Tactico TC2 / Vostok Amphibia with Murphy Manufacturing bezel mod

Re: Sinn 6015 crystal replacement

RGM is the only place in the US where you can have a Sinn serviced by a watchmaker that is approved by Sinn. Most people think very highly of RGM. However you will see online that some of their reviews are mixed. Most of the time they are fine... sometimes they are very slow and people get frustrated with them over that. I personally had an experience with them somewhat recently where they weren't able to repair the watch successfully... so that was pretty frustrating to me. But generally speaking they are pretty well regarded, I'd say. Based on my personal experience I'd probably prefer sending to Sinn for more complicated work but for something like a crystal I'd imagine RGM would be totally fine.

Re: Sinn 6015 crystal replacement

OH, and beautiful watch btw.

Thread Information