Sinn 656L owner?

Thread: Sinn 656L owner?

Sinn 656L owner?

Hello everyone.
    Does anyone out there own the 656L full lume dial watch? I am considering purchasing one from a friend, but I am wondering how it wears, accuracy, etc.

Re: Sinn 656L owner?

I guess finding a 656L owner is not an easy thing.

Re: Sinn 656L owner?

Woops, sorry... Searched for one for a long time, picked one up, ended up flipping it in a couple months.

Love the 656 case, size and shape, the H-link bracelet. Wears near perfect for me, if just a touch large. Note that I much prefer watches measuring less than 38mm, the shorter the L2L the better, and the 656L was just a wee bit on the large side. I also liked and appreciated that the solid caseback meant it was 1mm thinner than the current model 556A, and it also had actual enhanced anti-magnetic properties. I'd have kept it but...

Full lume dial was not as spectacular as I thought it would be. And when it's not lumed and in the dark, the dial shade varies from white to cream, depending on lighting and lume exposure. The date window is dark at night and a non-matching white during the day. And finally, where I like the white hands on black dial of the regular 656/556A/856 style, the black hands on the white background appear skinnier, accentuating their "too small" reputation.

Also, it was a grail watch for me and I picked one up in very good condition, hardly any marks on it at all, perfect AR, clean bracelet, etc. I know that if it became an everyday watch for me, or even in frequent rotation, I'd soon degrade the condition. Not to mention, it was the most expensive watch I have ever purchased. All that combined made me feel more like a caretaker of something precious than owner of a tool watch. The case and bracelet are blasted matte, rather than brushed, and not tegimented, so I knew they's be showing scuffs in short order, the way I wear watches.

It's a lovely watch, rare and hard to find, they only come up very infrequently, so if it's something you can pick up off a friend before it is offered more generally, I would jump at the chance... because if it doesn't float your boat, you can always flip it pretty easily. I still get queries based on a sales post from last Summer.
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

Thread Information