Sinn 856 - bracelet or not?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sinn 856 - bracelet or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn 856 - bracelet or not?

I was originally trying to decide between a 556a or 856. My main concern was the size and not necessarily the price difference. I do prefer the tegimented steel of the 856 but don't really care about the capsule, etc. I think I've settled on the 856 but am now trying to figure out if I should go ahead and order the watch on strap or wait until they get the bracelet version in stock. For those of you that own the bracelet, is that how you wear your 856 or do you end up going with straps and natos? And would you have pics of it on something other than the bracelet?

In case anyones curious or starts making other recommendations, I have owned a 556i, 657, and 103 matte edition in the past. The only one I had a bracelet for was the 657. The bracelet wore much better than I expected but that watch was such a strap monster that I very rarely wore it on the bracelet.

Re: Sinn 856 - bracelet or not?

Buy the 856 on strap. If you arenít happy with the OEM strap, there are numerous options for 20/18 straps, or even a NATO. The 856 is a great pilot watch with its buttery smooth 2892 movement. The copper sulphate capsule helps prevent moisture inside the watch. I am not a fan of the 556 with the its stiff winding mechanism and a propensity for the winding mechanism to slip, especially if wound too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine on the bracelet because I prefer that over leather, but really that comes down to personal preference. As far as the bracelet goes, it's a pretty comfortable one as most of Sinn's bracelets are pretty nice. That said, I find myself wearing mine on NATO or Isofrane style rubber strap most frequently. Here's an old photo I had on my computer of my 856 UTC on an Isofrane.

Name:  IMG_3156.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  432.6 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have one on the leather strap. If your wrists are less than 7 you should definitely try to get it on the shorter strap. My wrist is about 6.75 and the strap was too big.

I personally bought the $90 matte deployment and use it on a short hirsch performance strap. It looks very oem and the leather definitely compliments the watch.

Iíve owned the 556 bracelet in the past and the quality/finishing was garbage. The clasp bent after a week and Sinnís solution was to take pliers and bend it back together...yeah no thanks, I stay away from Sinn bracelets.

I own a bunch of straps and natos in 20 mm so shouldn't have to buy much there to change the look of the watch. Just trying to see how many of you take it off the bracelet. For example with Rolex watches I've found that they look best on their bracelet so I always wear my sub, gmt, etc that way.

I like wearing my Sinn watches on leather/NATO. I also find the H-link bracelet comfortable, and do rotate it on and off my watches. I am not a fan of the stock black leather Sinn strap ó the quality is fine, I just donít like casual black leather. So I get no utility from that strap. If it were me, Iíd rather get the bracelet and rotate it amongst straps ó particularly with the 856, as the bracelet is tegimented and would further getting use out of the unique Sinn tech of the 856.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I own a bunch of straps and natos in 20 mm so shouldn't have to buy much there to change the look of the watch. Just trying to see how many of you take it off the bracelet. For example with Rolex watches I've found that they look best on their bracelet so I always wear my sub, gmt, etc that way.
    I concur that virtually every Rolex looks best on bracelet. IMO Sinn pilot watches look better on strap. My preference is Greg Stevens Design straps.

I'll declare a bias in that I generally much prefer bracelets over any sort of strap. I'd say that, unless you really don't want a bracelet, you should get it with the watch. It's bound to be easier and cheaper than trying to get one later. You can then play with any strap that you fancy. I find my 856 UTC bracelet is pretty light, easy to wear and quite easily adjustable with the micro-adjust on the clasp. The tegimented treatment makes it fairly immune to scratches and desk-diving marks. I've also tried various leather/nylon/Perlon straps and they have all been OK, as the watch is fairly slim and light.
    masqueman likes this.

J4G

Quote Originally Posted by chris01 View Post
    I'll declare a bias in that I generally much prefer bracelets over any sort of strap. I'd say that, unless you really don't want a bracelet, you should get it with the watch. It's bound to be easier and cheaper than trying to get one later. You can then play with any strap that you fancy. I find my 856 UTC bracelet is pretty light, easy to wear and quite easily adjustable with the micro-adjust on the clasp. The tegimented treatment makes it fairly immune to scratches and desk-diving marks. I've also tried various leather/nylon/Perlon straps and they have all been OK, as the watch is fairly slim and light.
    Agreed. The 856 utc bracelet is nice and gives the watch nice look. I rotate mine with both nato and leather as well. Price difference isnít much. Why not give yourself options?

-J4G
    Peter Atwood likes this.

I bought the 856 UTC on the strap, then decided I wanted the bracelet. The bracelet makes the watch IMO.

To get the bracelet later is a bit of a pain. They don't come assembled from WBs. They sent me 2 end links, band, tool, and spring bars in a Sinn box. They did throw in an extra set of spring bars.

Cost to my door for the bracelet with 15 dollars shipping tacked on was 410.00. Cost to buy the watch with the bracelet is 310.00 more than than with the strap. You may opt for the watch/w bracelet for the extra 310.00, then use your WB points to cover a portion of a Sinn strap of your choice.

If I buy any Sinn in the future (356 acrylic is my newest lust) it will be on a bracelet from the start, as it will most likely have been placed there in the factory.

Congrats on a nice watch!

The 556a is no slouch. I also have the 556i and it wears perfectly on my 6.6 in wrist.
    Last edited by DNARNA; May 26th, 2018 at 03:58.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information