Sinn 856 and SUG engraving

Thread: Sinn 856 and SUG engraving

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn 856 and SUG engraving

Hi folks,

I just had the strap changed on my Sinn 856 when I noticed that it didn't have "SUG Germany" engraved on the case at the 6 o'clock position. Now, I'm wondering if I got a fake. I bought the watch from a poster with good feedback and I got an authentic Sinn box and instructions ( I didn't get the CD and strap changing tool, though).

If it is a fake, it's a darned good one!

Quality control snafu? Fake? Are there an 856's out there without the engraving?

The watch has been great in every other respect.

Thanks!

Re: Sinn 856 and SUG engraving

I have a 656 and 657 and they both have engraving. I'm no expert, but if it's a fake, I doubt they would go through the trouble of faking all of the other stuff on the watch and then just blow off the SUG...
    Respectfully,
    Paul

"Charlie didn't get much USO. He was dug in too deep or moving too fast. His idea of great R&R was cold rice and a little rat meat."

Banned

My EZM3 is branded SUG. My U2 not. ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

there isn't any fake sinns. period. email rob at watchbuys and ask about why some runs have sug on the case and others don't.

If I am not mistaken, Damasko produced Sinn 856 Generation I case (and 756, maybe 656 too.) It stopped at around 2004 (?) and then SUG began to produce the case for Sinn. To naked eyes, they are identical except the engraving we are discussing here. And so, I believe if you are not seeing a "SUG" on the lug at 6 o'clock position that means your watch case is produced by Damasko prior to the SUG's involvement. As far as I know, there is no fake Sinns.

P.S. My year and cases for models of Sinn that Damasko involved maybe way off but they did manufacture cases for Sinn before SUG. You can probably do a search on WUS forums to find out others might have discovered this and discussed it already.

if your 856 is tegimented, its a sug case. with it being tegimented, the sug stamp is partially filled in. I just pulled the bracelet off of mine and didn't see sug at 1st. I put it under a light and a loupe and sug is stamped there. its just really faint.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    if your 856 is tegimented, its a sug case. with it being tegimented, the sug stamp is partially filled in. I just pulled the bracelet off of mine and didn't see sug at 1st. I put it under a light and a loupe and sug is stamped there. its just really faint.
    Hi Yamahaki,

I don't have a loupe, but I did take a close look at the 6 o"clock position under a bright light. I can faintly make out the SUG inscription. That takes a load off!

Thanks!! :thanks

glad to be of help. those are some really fine watches. wear it with pride.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    there isn't any fake sinns. period. email rob at watchbuys and ask about why some runs have sug on the case and others don't.
    I really wish this was true but fakes are a fact of life and it's only a matter of time for Sinn, as this person found out: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...62#msg_3797826

That is why I prefer to buy new. Peace of mind is worth a little extra, IMO. Better to pay a couple hundred $ more on a real watch than lose everything on a fake.
    "I threw away all my platinum cards, and I got a URANIUM card." -- Busta Rhymes

Banned

I notified one of the Moderators a while back about a site that appears to advertise fake Sinns. I do not remember which moderator, and my reason not to go "public" was to prevent free advertising for those bast...s!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information