Sinn 856 UTC

Thread: Sinn 856 UTC

Sinn 856 UTC

First post on this great forum! I have recently developed a fondness for the 856 UTC. Thinking of buying one used, leather strap, possibly the black case. Anybody owned one of these? Anything special I should know about owning it, and perhaps what a reasonable price is to look for? Curious if there's anything I need to watch out for with the little humidity cartridge too. Thanks!

Re: Sinn 856 UTC

Nothing special about owning one. Sinn usually requires servicing at one of their service centers -- because it uses an ETA movement, any competent watchmaker can service the watch, but the moisture capsule is proprietary and will need to be replaced by official Sinn service vendor; independent watchmakers may not be able to guarantee restoration of WR upon service.

When buying used, make sure the outer Anti-Reflective coating is in decent shape. If it's not, it could bug you. The moisture capsule should be a very pale blue, tending toward white -- if it's any brighter blue, it may be due for replacement in the near future and possibly indicate some kind of moisture contamination. Find one newer than 5 yrs old, or with service history.

I've been monitoring pricing lately and see them in the $1100 - 1400 range. I picked one up in January for $1100, with some slight cosmetic issues, but otherwise in good, unserviced shape.
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

If it’s still under warranty, you’ll need a copy of the original sales receipt for any warranty service. If you’re the 3rd+ owner you’ll need the list of previous owner as well. Sinn needs/wants a paper trail for any warranty service.

Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Aquadive: Bathyscaphe Poseidon GMT 100, Bathyscaphe 100 Blue

Sinn: U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great choice on the 856 UTC. I went with a 556 for my first Sinn and I wish I would have stretched for the 856 with its tegimented case.

Good info. I love all the thoughtful design and engineering packed into the watch, while still remaining unassuming and not flashy. Appreciate the info on the warranty as well. I was considering one that was under warranty, but there was just the card, no receipt included for warranty service.

Does the anti-reflective coating have a tendency to come off? Wouldn't have thought that would be an issue on a watch as tough as this.

Thread Information