Sinn 903 slide rule operation

Thread: Sinn 903 slide rule operation

Sinn 903 slide rule operation

Hi everyone!

I'm facing a difficult choice. For a long time, I've wanted to get myself a Breitling Navitimer and finally decided to pull the trigger. Luckily, before buying, I stumbled upon the wonderful Sinn 903 and I'm slowly leaning towards the Sinn. I do have one question, though. In some videos I've watched, the bezel movement seems very slow using the second crown, so is it still possible to use it by just grabbing the bezel and turning for faster operation like in the Navitimer? This is by no means a dealbreaker, more a curiosity.

Re: Sinn 903 slide rule operation

I’m almost certain that the bezel is internal, under the glass, and that the “flutes” around the perimeter are just for looks.

But I don’t have one, so almost certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. You cannot manually turn the bezel, it is fixed. The crown at 10 o'clock must be used for the internal slide rule, and it is a tad cumbersome to turn it a long way around. The benefit of the crown is 100m water resistance, which is more than the Navitimer. Some Breitling owners get nervous in the rain...
    Rolex 16710 GMT Master II // Sinn 903 // Seiko SPB053, SKX173, SSC027, SNA411 // A-13A Pilot Watch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Alright, thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by nbsheeran View Post
    No. You cannot manually turn the bezel, it is fixed. The crown at 10 o'clock must be used for the internal slide rule, and it is a tad cumbersome to turn it a long way around. The benefit of the crown is 100m water resistance, which is more than the Navitimer. Some Breitling owners get nervous in the rain...
    I sure wouldn't mind the 100m WR compared to the Breitling, not to mention the more affordablr price point...

Quote Originally Posted by sikanof View Post
    Alright, thanks for the replies!

I sure wouldn't mind the 100m WR compared to the Breitling, not to mention the more affordablr price point...
    It's a great watch and an excellent value at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of the Breitling.
    Rolex 16710 GMT Master II // Sinn 903 // Seiko SPB053, SKX173, SSC027, SNA411 // A-13A Pilot Watch

I don't have a 903, or a Navitimer, but I have used internal slide rules that require a crown instead of a bezel. I will say that I think a crown actuated slide rule will give greater accuracy and you can actually see the numbers line up easier than if you were to have to use a bezel actuated slide rule.

That's just my experience. I doubt most people who have slide rules on their watches actually use them, because I know I didnt and I thought I would use it religiously. I do use the knots to MPH pretty often, but that's about it.

I would say if you're seriously considering using the slide rule function, the crown actuated is the way to go in my experience, even though the awkward position of the crown can be a pain versus the bezel rotation.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Thread Information