Sinn 936 Bi-Compax
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sinn 936 Bi-Compax

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn 936 Bi-Compax

Hey guys,

I've been getting more into chronos lately, and since Baselworld of this year, I have been obsessed with the new Sinn 936 Bi-Compax.

It has all of the classic Sinn technologies, including tegimented case and bracelet and insane anti-magnetic protection. If I get this watch, it'll replace my 556I as a daily wearer. However, I have a few questions for you helpful folks:

1) With a case diameter of 43mm, a lug to lug length of ~50mm, a thickness of 15mm, and a weight of 111g without the bracelet, this is a big watch. For reference, the Sinn U1 is 113g without the bracelet, and is a very chunky watch. My current 556 is 38.5mm across and 13mm tall (on a NATO - measured today with a caliper). I have 7.2in (180mm) flat wrists and I am 6'4" (193cm) and 220lbs (100kg), so I can definitely go bigger than my current 556, but I'm not sure if I can go as big as the 936. For the record, I can easily wear a Seiko Monster that is 42.5mm but that has a substantially bigger bezel, and I've tried on the Omega Speedy Pro which fit very well and has similar dimensions but a thicker bezel and is a mm smaller and significantly lighter than the Sinn
    2) Are there any similar watches with similar proportions that are available to try in a boutique or store? The Sinn will only come out this summer, and even then will only be available online unless I fly to Frankfurt, which I'm not planning to do anytime soon
    3) If you guys are on the fence about getting it now, do you think it would be wise to wait for until I'm done with college (I'm gonna be a freshman next year) when I'll be done growing and I'll be more muscular and have a larger wrist (I can guarantee these facts because I'll be rowing on the crew team all 4 years)?
    4) If you guys do think that I can pull off the 936, can I pull off the bracelet, and will the bracelet balance out the weight or make it unnecessarily heavier? Or would it behoove me to get it on strap?

Here are some pics of me wearing my 556 for size (sorry I'm a sh***y photographer):

Name:  root grade edit.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  66.3 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 17.19.28.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  82.2 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 17.20.32.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  76.7 KBName:  meli 2 copy.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  394.8 KB

And of the 936 for you guys to look at if you haven't seen it before:

Thank you!
    Last edited by exxtinguishable; May 15th, 2018 at 23:50.
    deepsea03, Spring-Diver and 41Mets like this.
    Sinn 556I MWW Westminster Seiko Black Monster Tissot T-Race Chrono G Shock Mudman 3031
    The WIS bug runs in the family

Re: Sinn 936 Bi-Compax

It’ll be perfect for your wrist! Pull the trigger, you’ll love it. I’ll be picking up it’s little brother, 836, in a few months.

Looking forward to your arrival thread;)

Cheers
    Shannon
    exxtinguishable likes this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Thank you! Now I need to get my mom's approval ;)
    Sinn 556I MWW Westminster Seiko Black Monster Tissot T-Race Chrono G Shock Mudman 3031

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have 6.0" wrist and wear a U1. Yeah, if I take a just a wrist shot, it looks big. But take a half portrait with hand under chin, or a wrist shot with hand in the pocket and it looks just fine. Of course bezels do visually shrink a watch. I've had a lot of 42-44mm watches and the only time I have ever gotten a "too big" comment was with an Ocean 7 LM2, and with 45mm of nothing but dial and bezel under a huge double domed sapphire, I guess it was to be expected. Given your size and the pics given, I actually think your 556 is a bit small and 42mm is probably perfect for your frame for most any occasion.
    "He who controls others is powerful. He who masters himself is stronger still."
    I HATE bracelets.

Here is a video of the watch being handled. It looks enormous in the video. I was very close to pulling the trigger but am now rethinking (however, I am a little shorter and a little lighter than you).

I would definitely get the bracelet. Sinn's H-link bracelets are great, and I think it balances out the watch a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Radharc View Post
    Here is a video of the watch being handled. It looks enormous in the video. I was very close to pulling the trigger but am now rethinking (however, I am a little shorter and a little lighter than you).

I would definitely get the bracelet. Sinn's H-link bracelets are great, and I think it balances out the watch a bit.
    That sucker is thick.
    "He who controls others is powerful. He who masters himself is stronger still."
    I HATE bracelets.

The 2 sub dials make it look perfectly balanced, I love it. It is not too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Radharc View Post

Saw the video, that definitely exacerbated my worries :) but if my mom lets I think I'm gonna go for it. If not, it's at the top of my list for sure, so it'll most likely be in my possession within the next few years :)

Quote Originally Posted by exxtinguishable View Post
    Saw the video, that definitely exacerbated my worries :) but if my mom lets I think I'm gonna go for it. If not, it's at the top of my list for sure, so it'll most likely be in my possession within the next few years :)
    If you don't like it, PM me, I might just be in the market for a lightly used one!

It's about the same size at the U1, but wears a bit bigger since the crown is at the normal 3 o'clock... where as the U1 crown is at the 4 o'clock position. If you are looking for a chronograph (which I think everyone should have one), I RECOMMEND the following:
    - Omega Speedmaster (can't go wrong)
    - Longines Avignation BigEye Chrono (award winner, ~$2300)
    - IWC Le Petitie Pilot Chrono ($4300, blue dial)
    - Fortis Cosmonaut Chronograph ($1700)
    IWC Pilot Chronograph Le Petite Prince | Omega Speedmaster | Omega Seamaster ceramic | Sinn U1 | Christopher Ward C60 Trident Chronograph | Fortis B-42 | Squale 1521 | Seiko SBDC051 | Seiko Turtle | Seiko Monster | Seiko Flightmaster | Victorinox Inox | Steinhart Ocean 44 GMT | Hamilton Field Khaki | Casio Pathfinder | Vostok Amphibia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information