WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Sinn Basel 2018

8K views 40 replies 27 participants last post by  george023 
#1 ·
Basel is coming close! Really curious what they come up with this year. Hoping for some panda dial 103 variants. What are you guys hoping for? Any rumours?

#20 · (Edited)
Wish-list for Basel 2018:

-Special edition of U2 in a different color scheme (like U1 from a few years back)
-Special edition of UX (remembering Sansibar from long ago...............)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

#30 ·
The 836 should be a nice alternative for thiose who want a larger watch (43mm) rather than the 40mm 856. Both have the 2892 buttery smooth movement. The 836 appears just a bit less of a tool watch with satinized (tegimented) finish and no copper sulphate capsule.

#31 ·
Sad to say, very disappointed with the new releases. If this was it, why didn't Sinn wait until Basel to release 756/757 and the Jagduhr? I miss a show stopper. No matter what your opinion was about the Ezm12 last year, it was truly noticed and all media reported about it. This year? Not a word about Sinn so far on either Hodinkee or Ablogtowatch.

+ I really like how the new lume is applied at 12
+ The new style on the sword hands
+ Placing of the date at 6
+ Solid caseback

- Too big! Should have been 38,5 or max 40mm
- The new hands would have been better together with applied index

+ My favourite of the four when it comes to general look
+ New hands and lume at 12
+ Placing of the date

- Same as with the 836, applied index would have been better
- I had preferred larger sub-dials with longer hands
- Too pricey

103 Sa B E

+ Well...the 103 is a great watch in standard edition

- Faux patina
- Sunburst doesn't fly on a flieger
- Limited edition. Those releases are for the time in between the Basel Exhibitions
- Did I mention faux patina

910 SRS

+ Nice tonality on the dial
+ Good size, 41,5mm
+ I like the black applied Sinn logo

- For the love of god. Who had the catastrophic idea to write SRS on the dial? Looks really cheap!
- Way to expensive and it´s to close priced to the limited 910 Anniversary Rattrapante.

#32 ·
Pretty good list of points... As someone with medium-big wrists (I daily wear a U212 SDR), I like the 43mm size of the 836 and 936. The 936 in particular really caught my eye.

But the 910 is actually the most enticing of the bunch to me; I've been on the lookout for a nice flyback for a couple years now. The only problem is that the face doesn't quite do it for me...not bad, but not compelling.
I actually think the price is pretty reasonable for a column wheel flyback, though.

#36 ·
It is not the size as such that is my objection. My wrist is about 18,5cm and I love my U1 that sits very nice on my wrist. However, a watch like 836 in my opinion benefits from a smaller case. But why not make it in two different sizes? The 836 in both 38,5mm and 43mm would have been a nice thing to offer.

#38 ·
Hugh difference between 556 and 836...just read the specs. 836 would compare performance wise with 856 with the solid case back, magnetic field protection to 80.000 a/M and the ETA 2892 instead of the clone SW 300-1 in 856. They are also more comparable in price.

But obviously a lot of people will be happy with the size of 836, and good for them :)

#39 ·
I like the concept of the 836 for those who want a larger 43mm watch with 22mm lugs, tegimented steel, satinized finish, fantastic buttery smooth 2892 movement, no copper sulphate capsule to replace down the line, and simple understated dial. I would have a tendency to order on bracelet rather than strap. Personally, I will stick with my 856.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.