Sinn Bracelet Screws Not Coming Out?

Thread: Sinn Bracelet Screws Not Coming Out?

Sinn Bracelet Screws Not Coming Out?

Hey all,

So I recently got into the Sinn game through purchasing a U1 from another member on the WUS forums, and while I'm enjoying the watch when I get the chance to wear it (been very busy with work lately), I am noticing that the included bracelet is quite a bit too tight. I have tried to use the pair of included hex wrench looking tools to loosen the screws in order to add a link, but while the screws themselves do turn like the instructions dictate, they don't actually screw out from the threads from the action like they should no matter what direction or time I put into rotating the screw tools. I asked the seller about this and he did mention that he put a little bit of loctite in all the threads, but he hasn't had any trouble with them in the past.

To be honest, I'm fairly new to watches so my only real experience with bracelets so far has been on my Speedy Moonphase, which uses a very different system so my instincts on this probably aren't what they should be on the subject. The seller did recommend that I take it to a jeweler or something to sort out, but I was wondering if there was something else I could do on my own before I get to that stage? Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?
    Last edited by INKRO; November 8th, 2014 at 05:48.

Re: Sinn Bracelet Screws Not Coming Out?

Might try some weak solvent to break the loctite, others may speak to any issues with your bracelet, not sure if tegimented....

I would likely call watchbuys at the least, and perhaps,fire an email to Germany before I soaked bracelet in acetone,,would,not be too concerned about alcohol. I don't think you're the first to deal with this, so you just need the right person to get through their first cup of coffee and post a response, use the right search terms, or get hold of the company. Personally I'd have that sucker off with a little application of kroil, but I'm assuming you don't have that product. I,buy it by the gallon for use on the farm.

You are using a second hex to keep it from spinning, right? Don't apply too much force without breaking the bond. Breaking the little screw head off could be aggravating.

Sent from my iSomething using tapatalk

When I want to remove new hex nuts from a Sinn bracelet, I run the part of the bracelet I am working on under hot tap water. I have found that the heat of the water helps. And, as suggested, use both hex tools. Let us know how you come out. Cheers, Bill P.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for confirming that. I was wondering if hot water would do it.

Sent from my iSomething using tapatalk

using both hex keys, turn in opposite directions. The pin is 2 parts: a long screw with an integral head, and a loose screw that usually comes right out. The hot water works a treat.
    I never use loctite, never had a loose screw in many years.

Sinn uses blue low tension threadloc on their bracelets. Try heating up the bracelet (not the watch head) with a hair dryer then gently loosen with two wrenches counter-clockwise (righty tighty, lefty loosey).

Last edited by CMSgt Bo; November 8th, 2014 at 17:45. Reason: added pic

Quote Originally Posted by cheoah View Post
    You are using a second hex to keep it from spinning, right? Don't apply too much force without breaking the bond. Breaking the little screw head off could be aggravating.

I did actually try two of the hex screw tools before, but for some reason I couldn't get anywhere with them. Then today I decided to take my setup to another place and specifically turn both screws in opposite directions each time.

At which point with a little bit of effort I was able to extract both the long and short screw out of every link I tried.

Well that's egg on my face, but thanks for the advice. I do think that I could do with another screw set or two though, would I be able to get those from Watchbuys? This U1 was apparently purchased from them.

Thread Information