Sinn changing from Sellita to ETA in their 104's
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Sinn changing from Sellita to ETA in their 104's

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sinn changing from Sellita to ETA in their 104's

Hello fellow watch people. This is my first post on the forum after a lot of lurking, hope i put the topic in the right subforum.

I'm in the process of buying a Sinn from a shop in Hamburg (i'm from Copenhagen).
    They say the next delivery is end of may instead of the normal 2-4 weeks because they are changing the movement manufacturer from Sellita to ETA, apparantly because of quality issues.

Can anybody confirm this, and if it's the case, what ETA movement will Sinn use for the 104 models?

Re: Sinn changing from Sellita to ETA in their 104's

If Sinn told you that directly then I don’t know why you would think anyone here would be able to confirm it, as you got the answer direct from the company. As to the ETA movement it will probably be a top grade movement like they use in other models
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

To date, Sinn website states model 104 watches are fitted with Sellita SW220-1 movement. However, for the just announced green dial version of the 104 Sinn website states the movement is ETA 2836-2. So, it would appear what you were told is true. If so, I agree with City74 it will be the Top version of the ETA movement.
    patr1ckd likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What you were told is not true. The backlog in production and delivery times is due to high demand for the 104.

The 104 St Sa A G Limited Edition will use the ETA 2836 due to temporary availability issues. Long term, the 104 series will continue to use Sellita movements.

This information comes straight from Sinn at their booth in Basel through WatchBuys.
    al358, umarrajs, Horoticus and 7 others like this.

This information wasn't provided directly from Sinn, it came from an AD. Actually i just checked, the information actually came from two different AD's.

"But unfortunately we have been told by SINN now, that the delivery time will be 5 to 6 month. There is a change in the movement from Selitta to ETA which causes this delay (...) at the moment they have some qualtity problems thats the reason for the change."

"I finally got answer from Sinn. They are updateing the 104.013 with new movements so the next delivery will be at the End of May."

Thank you, this was the kind of information i was looking for.
    Do you have a link to this article, or was this something you heard in person?
    You say that "long term" they will use Sellita, does this exclude the possibility of Sinn using ETA for a short period you think?

Quote Originally Posted by BjarkeAndersen View Post
    Thank you, this was the kind of information i was looking for.
    Do you have a link to this article, or was this something you heard in person?
    You say that "long term" they will use Sellita, does this exclude the possibility of Sinn using ETA for a short period you think?
    This is not from an article. It is me messaging the owner of WatchBuys who happened to be in the Sinn booth at Basel at the time.

Then it must be valid information, thank you very much. I wonder where the two dealers got that information from then

I cant post links but if you look at sinn.de and look at the green dial 104 that have an eta 2836-2 movement. That eta looks to be an standard movement and not top. It dosent have incabloc.

If look at these link it looks like sinn is using the standard eta 2836-2 and not the top version

i wonder if they are willing to swap out the selita for an ETA for current owners ... i realize there will be a cost but I would make the change if available.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BjarkeAndersen View Post
    Then it must be valid information, thank you very much. I wonder where the two dealers got that information from then
    It is valid information indeed, only the Sinn 104 St Sa A G, limited to 500 pcs, will be fitted with an ETA. WatchUSeek Team visited Sinn in Basel, yesterday.

Name:  90A6D775-BEF8-480D-B203-D3C91CB090DE.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  1,011.4 KB
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information