Sinn Clasp Issue
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sinn Clasp Issue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inactive

Sinn Clasp Issue

Hello,
    I wonder if anyone can help me out here. I bought a Sinn 456 some time ago and, ultimately, returned it because it was just too small for my liking. That said, I did like the quality of Sinn overall. The one thing that caused me to pause was the clasp. Most particularly the fold over safety clasp didn't seem to securely and firmly "snap" into place. Instead, it just seemed to kind of fold over and barely stay down by way of very minor friction hold.

Here's the question, did I just have a dud or do they all fold over and attach so slightly? With those kinds of clasps usually you get a hard if not "sticky" close with the safety piece (think Breitling, for example).

I'd like to buy another Sinn (a larger one) but I see they all have the same kind of clasp so I would like to hear from others about their experience first. I am worried that the safety piece will open on its own with wear or a small catch on something. The one I had surely would have done so. Anyone?

Re: Sinn Clasp Issue

On both my 756 and 103 H-link bracelets it is not a problem.
    Sinn 756 / Sinn 103 St Sa Ar / Seiko SARB033 / Seiko SKX007J / Precista PRS-18Q COSC

I’ve had several H link bracelets over the years. Both old and new. The clasps have never been an issue.
    Too many flipped...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I’ve had several H link bracelets over the years. Both old and new. The clasps have never been an issue.
    Too many flipped...

3 of mine are on bracelet with no problems. On my Ti bracelet the clasp isn't as positive as the steel but still clicks and never opened up so no issues so far. I read complaints where people use a rag and some pliers to bend in the clasp to make firm but have yet to need to do that.

Glad to hear that most of you dont have problems with H bracelets as I found mixed opinions in some old threads. I think I will get one for 856.
    Omega PO 8500 42mm
    Damasko DA36
    Halios Seaforth III
    Sinn 856 B-Uhr
    Sold:
    SKX007 with steel insert - still regret it :(

Quote Originally Posted by MES1808 View Post
    The one thing that caused me to pause was the clasp. Most particularly the fold over safety clasp didn't seem to securely and firmly "snap" into place. Instead, it just seemed to kind of fold over and barely stay down by way of very minor friction hold.
    I have an H-link bracelet on my twelve year old 856 UTC. If anything, I am afraid that I am going to snap off a fingernail trying to open the safety clasp. (Seriously.)

Hmm weird? Not sure why my last post double posted...
    Too many flipped...

I have an H-Link bracelet also and the clasp is stiffer than I'd prefer. Definitely not coming undone by itself.

I've been wearing the bracelet on my Sinn EZM 10 nearly every day for over two years. I agree the connection seems very light, not a positive click or even snug friction. However, I have had no problem with the bracelet coming undone.
    Unrelated to the clasp fit, I did have a pin break where the clasp blades are connected. It was the smallest, thinnest joint that connected two pieces. Of course the watch fell to the tile bathroom floor and hasn't run the same since. But testament to the tegimented titanium toughness (wow, lots of "t's" there), no nicks or scratches on the watch.
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information