Sinn is discontinuing the T2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Sinn is discontinuing the T2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm not sure if this is new news but I have personally always wanted this mission timer watch in blue on a bracelet but never pulled the trigger.

T2 owners or wannabe owners please chime in.

What do I like about it?

-It's 41mm x 13.3mm, smaller than the T1.
    -Titanium "T5" case
    -Tegimented "push and lock" bezel
    -4 o'clock crown
    -Copper sulphate capsule for dehumidifying.
    -Inert gas filled
    -Different lume on minute hand for mission timing purposes.
    -Double-side AR
    -Matte finish
    -Different than any of my other watches.
    -Warranty service at RGM, which is near me.

https://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/S...let-6p2596.htm
    Spring-Diver likes this.
    "Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." -Edgar Allan Poe
    Damasko | Hamilton | Longines | Mido | Orient | Oris | Rolex | Timex

I’ve not heard they are discontinuing the black dial version. In any case I had the black version. It was a nice watch. It did wear small for a 41 and given the color of the titanium finish and bright red second hand, I didn’t find it to be too versatile. Definitely ok for diving and for rugged casual wear though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris Stark likes this.

Re: Sinn is discontinuing the T2

Quote Originally Posted by Dufresne View Post
    I’ve not heard they are discontinuing the black dial version. In any case I had the black version. It was a nice watch. It did wear small for a 41 and given the color of the titanium finish and bright red second hand, I didn’t find it to be too versatile. Definitely ok for diving and for rugged casual wear though.

Yes, it looks like only the blue version is being discontinued.
    "Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." -Edgar Allan Poe

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just grabbed a blue one from a member here. I would have preferred the T1 but I really do like the 2. Wears very well and I love the blue dial. If I do find a T1 blue I would likely grab it.

gaopa and DaveandStu like this.

Too bad, really liked that dial...better than any other Sinn as a matter of fact. Appreciate the heads up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two other things that I couldn't figure out were:

-For some period of time I believe Sinn used either a Soprod or an ETA movement. On the Sinn website today they state using an ETA 2892-A2.
    -Whether the bracelet was made of T2 or T5 titanium.

Stands to reason Chris. I liked the blue T2 as my next Sinn.
    Chris Stark and simonp67 like this.

Put it this way, I had a T2B for a year, sold it to buy a Pelagos. A year later, sold the Pelagos and re-purchased the T2B and it's the one watch I'll never sell again. Extremely comfortable, great size, and I personally really like the softer look of T2 compared to some of the other EZM (just a different aesthetic). There's a long thread here about the T2, so take a look through that.

I'll agree that, depending on your lifestyle, it's not the most versatile watch and definitely tool/casual. For me that's not a problem, but worth some consideration.

As for downsides, I'd say that it can be a bit difficult to match straps because of the blue dial with red accents on the bezel. I've found admiralty grey phenomenato to be a good fit, same with a dark blue isofrane-style strap. I have the blue Sinn rubber on the way too. I don't really think leather works well with this watch, so just depends on what you're into.

Otherwise, it's my favourite watch, I just love it. The captive safety bezel is awesome, the short lugs and case shape are super comfortable, and the lume is killer. Legibility is superb anytime. If you like the look in pictures, you'll love it in the flesh. Not for everyone though, can see why it doesn't resonate with some people.
    DrGonzo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_lantern View Post
    Put it this way, I had a T2B for a year, sold it to buy a Pelagos. A year later, sold the Pelagos and re-purchased the T2B and it's the one watch I'll never sell again. Extremely comfortable, great size, and I personally really like the softer look of T2 compared to some of the other EZM (just a different aesthetic). There's a long thread here about the T2, so take a look through that.

I'll agree that, depending on your lifestyle, it's not the most versatile watch and definitely tool/casual. For me that's not a problem, but worth some consideration.

As for downsides, I'd say that it can be a bit difficult to match straps because of the blue dial with red accents on the bezel. I've found admiralty grey phenomenato to be a good fit, same with a dark blue isofrane-style strap. I have the blue Sinn rubber on the way too. I don't really think leather works well with this watch, so just depends on what you're into.

Otherwise, it's my favourite watch, I just love it. The captive safety bezel is awesome, the short lugs and case shape are super comfortable, and the lume is killer. Legibility is superb anytime. If you like the look in pictures, you'll love it in the flesh. Not for everyone though, can see why it doesn't resonate with some people.
    Excellent response fire_lantern.

I think if you combine ALL the aspects of the T2, it is hard to find what others would call a "homage" to it; I'm not sure there's another watch that matches it. Certainly the hands and the lume(s) on the hands are unique.
    It seems to exude, at least in photos, a certain quality that's hard to put into words.

I'm not much of a strap/bracelet changer, but I have to admit, when I bought my Aquis it came with both; I put it on the rubber strap and haven't looked back. Soooo comfortable on the rubber strap!

Pelagos too large? Why did you go back to the T2?

The only thing I know is that when a T2B comes on the market it doesn't remain very long. Speaks volumes.
    fire_lantern likes this.

Totally agree, there's nothing else like the T2B on the market. That's one of my favorite aspects of it, the novel design.

Even though on paper the Sinn doesn't seem much smaller, it wears WAY more comfortably than the Pelagos. Mostly because of the lug to lug, but also because of the height and case shape. Just a superb watch as far as I'm concerned.
    Chris Stark likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information