Sinn EZM 3 (and others) bracelet removal and refitting - difficult (solved!)
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By HardlyShiny
  • 1 Post By harry_flashman

Thread: Sinn EZM 3 (and others) bracelet removal and refitting - difficult (solved!)

Thumbs Up Sinn EZM 3 (and others) bracelet removal and refitting - difficult (solved!)

Long-time reader here; joined to share some useful info that took me a while to find. Always planned to join someday and review my EZM 3.

====================

After the difficulty I had doing this myself, I wasn't surprised to find many others with the same problem. Eventually, I found a key tip that makes the process a breeze.

I was going to add perlon to the mix, but I couldn't get the bracelet off today - I've lost my touch. This is a very difficult bracelet to get on/off.

-- harry_flashman, watchuseek
    My only "gripe" is that I find it incredibly difficult to put this bracelet on and take it off. ...

-- WhiskyWineAndWatches, Reddit
    How on earth do you remove the Sinn H-link bracelet? Having extreme difficulty removing the Sinn H-link bracelet and putting on a NATO. Kudos to Sinn for making a bracelet that wonít fail, but geez man not practical for swapping straps.

I still havenít gotten the bracelet off and just gave up.

-- andos15, Reddit
    It took me nearly half an hour to get the bracelet off my 104.

-- thatsharebearkid, Reddit
    The problem

The difficulty arises from two sources. First, the bracelet-type spring bars only have a single-flange. This presses right up against the side of the lug, making it difficult to get a tool between them. Second, there is no room for the end link piece to angle sideways between the lugs. Once you've compressed the spring bar on one side, you can't angle it out of line with the lug hole to prevent it popping back in while you do the other side.

It's easy when you know how

I found the following on a thread (f23: how-remove-tudor-pelagos-endlink-60-seconds-less-936031) about the same issue with a Tudor Pelagos:

Press the endlink towards the back of the watch. So what do I mean by that? Many people will push the endlink away from them as they try to remove it which is the natural way to do it. However, with these buggers you need to do the opposite. As you take out one side of the endlink, use you index finger of your off hand (hand that is holding the watch) and push the endlink towards you (ie: towards the back of the watch). Then after you release the other side the link will pop out.

The right tool is a must. ...

-- John_in_MA, watchuseek
    There's just enough movement possible in this direction to allow you to bring the compressed spring bar out of line with the hole to stop it popping back in while you do the other side. Press in the opposite direction when refitting.

My cheap spring bar tool was too blunt to get between the spring bar flange and the lug. The supplied Sinn screwdriver is sharp enough to get in there. A sharper spring bar tool would also suffice - many people recommend the Bergeon 6767-F.

This excellent photographed guide (f24: tips-installing-removing-sinn-103-bracelet-3139786) for removal and refitting of the seemingly identical Sinn 103 bracelet has the same advice:

Insert the forked end of the tool into either slot at one edge of the back of the end link you'll be working on. Hook it on the pin and push the pin away from the lug while at the same time using a finger on your other hand to push the link upward from the bottom (towards your face). The pin will come out of the hole and you'll be able to move the end link just enough to keep the pin from re-entering the hole. Hold it in that position.

-- Horatio, watchuseek
    The guide is well worth a read. I've repeated some of the other most useful tips in the next section.

Other tips

Cover the rear of the lugs with tape, to protect them from scratches in case you slip with your tool. Highly recommended.

Separate the bracelet halves so you can lay each side flat and out of the way. The easiest way to do this is to release the micro-adjustment pin on the clasp. I didn't find this necessary.

Additional tools (optional)

Some people have had mixed success on various watches using purpose-built tools that compressing both ends of the spring bar at once. These include the Bergeon 6825 pliers (~£160), Bergeon 7825 tweezers (~£125), Horotec 10.306 tweezers (~£40), and various knock-off versions of these.

(As a new poster, I'm unable to add links.)

Re: Sinn EZM 3 (and others) bracelet removal and refitting - difficult (solved!)

Great tip and post, thank you. The removal of the h-link bracelet on my Sinn EZM3 (and 103) has caused me plenty of pain and suffering.

I also had not seen the 103 thread you reference (here is the link: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f24/tip...t-3139786.html). Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

This may even compel me to put the bracelets back on my Sinns.
    trhall likes this.

Re: Sinn EZM 3 (and others) bracelet removal and refitting - difficult (solved!)

Thanks for the advice. My T1 bracelet was a PITA to install and remove. Itís time to buy double flanged spring bars and the tweezers style tool.

Cheers
    Shannon
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinnís: EZM9, EZM14ĖT1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have found that the double-flange spring bars help some, but (at least the ones Iíve tried) they bracelet rattles/is slightly looser than when I use the OEM spring bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double-flange springbars solved the problem for me.

+1
    Also got a knock-off bracelet pliers from FleEBay for about $60.
    Search under: Bracelet Spring Bar Remover Watch Tweezer Replace Tool
    Cheep investment for your +k watch/bracelet.
    Could pay for itself if you end up flipping it having less scratches.

Thread Information