Sinn in Japan
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sinn in Japan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn in Japan

Hello Sinners,

I am going to be traveling to Tokyo in October, and am wondering if any one has any good recommendations for where to shop for Sinn watches. I have seen a lot of Japan LEs, and used Sinn watches online from out of Japan.

ideally I’d like to find a used Sinn EZM1.

Thanks!

DIL

Re: Sinn in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by harry_flashman View Post
    Hello Sinners,

I am going to be traveling to Tokyo in October, and am wondering if any one has any good recommendations for where to shop for Sinn watches. I have seen a lot of Japan LEs, and used Sinn watches online from out of Japan.

Thanks!
    Following! I keep wondering where the "cool" stuff that's always on fleabay comes from.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hello Sinners,

Thanks!
    https://sinn-japan.jp/shoplist.html

one possible:https://item.rakuten.co.jp/c-watch/c/0000000634 scroll down for directions

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I remember Sinn being a lot more expensive in Japan than the US

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

yet

For new watches I would say Japan is more expensive than other places, but for used watches I feel it is a great no fuss marketplace with minimum haggling. I have bought a few watches there, worn them for a year (putting some wear and tear on them), and still sold them for a profit. In short, I rather enjoy used shopping there but wouldn't buy new.

New Sinn's are fairly easy to find. I saw no less than three EZM 1.1s in stores there last time I went.

As far as where to find used Sinn's specifically, I'm at a loss. But as far as general good used places to look:

Jackroad, just north of Nakano Station. Also many other small good stores in that complex. Unbelievable selection of watches in general and some good prices to be had.

There are a some good smaller places between Ueno and Akihabara but you have to keep looking. Some are not obvious.

There are other neighborhoods to check, but those are the two that I think of first.

The absolute best deals I have found in Japan are in "pawn shops". They don't look promising at all from the street and they look like they are all jewelry and handbags, but a lot of them have a second floor that is full of very nice and very reasonably priced used pieces.

Cheers,
    G

Sinjuku always have great watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - brand new watches in Japan are never a bargain.
    However, as stated, used items in Japan are very good. The Japanese are very meticulous and selective about what they'll buy second-hand so anything on offer as "Chuuko" 中​古, is going to be in excellent condition.
    I remember when I used to sell some used games, DVD box sets and CDs to Japanese second-hand stores - they'd check that it was complete in box down to warranty cards and promo inserts. Even one small scratch on a CD or DVD would mark the grading down one level.
    yet, GrussGott and harry_flashman like this.
    "So if, nothwithstanding the association with conspicuous consumption, owning a mechanical watch really makes you happy, then fine, buy that $500 microbrand, or even the $1500 Longines. I'd find it hard to justify going above that" ​
    - Professor Peter Singer to the watchuseek forums re: the ethics of watch collecting

Not exactly Sinn specific, but I found this article to be helpful. It has a breakdown by area.

deadseconds.net/2018/01/28/used-watch-shopping-in-tokyo-part-1-overview/

I went back in July and got a Sinn 144 for a pretty decent price at the Nakano. On a side note, seiko also has a free museum that you can make reservations for that might be worth checking out as well.
    harry_flashman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wl2456 View Post
    Not exactly Sinn specific, but I found this article to be helpful. It has a breakdown by area.

deadseconds.net/2018/01/28/used-watch-shopping-in-tokyo-part-1-overview/

I went back in July and got a Sinn 144 for a pretty decent price at the Nakano. On a side note, seiko also has a free museum that you can make reservations for that might be worth checking out as well.
    Thank you! Would love to see pics and hear your thoughts on the 144. It is high on my shortlist.

Thank you! Would love to see pics and hear your thoughts on the 144. It is high on my shortlist.
    Wish I could post a picture, but can't due my post count? I've been wearing the watch consistently for the last couple months so still in a bit of a honeymoon phase. This is more of my taste, but I'm really into watches with integrated lugs at the moment. It gives a real cool retro sporty look to me. Only downsides I could think of is that watch does sit really tall and has quite a bit of heft to it.

Also look up Austin Daniels on YouTube. I recently found several videos from him covering watch shopping in Japan. He has pretty detailed footage on the specific watch shops and what they have in the display windows. Only downside is his videos are a bit rolex heavy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information